Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cool Puzzle Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:40 pm   Post subject: Cool Puzzle Game

Heres a puzzle game I made today. I forget what these kinds of puzzles are called. Sort of like a rubiks cube but not exactly.

Puzzle 1.1.zip
 Description:
*UPDATED VERSION 1.1*

Download
 Filename:  Puzzle 1.1.zip
 Filesize:  278.77 KB
 Downloaded:  275 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice game, but your whatdotcolour is causing some problems. If you click on the little legend in the bottom right hand corner, you will notice that the main puzzle will mess up. You can fix this by checking coordinates and whatdotcolour.

Anyways, nice job on it. You should also try to code something that checks if you win, because I beat it but it didn't say that I won.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, cant believe you beat it so quickly. i couldnt beat it myself so i didnt think anyone else would, thats why i didnt add a winning condition. i suck at these kind of puzzles. i was going to mention not to click on the little squares but forgot to. i dont really want to fix it because then i would have to change a lot of code...just try to keep away from the little squares Laughing
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also if you drag one of the squares in the top row, the background will turn that colour for a sec or two and then turn white and that piece will also turn white.

I also beat the game, pretty fast.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok i've updated the game
changes:
-fixed the problem with the legend at the bottom messing up the main grid; now you can click on it and nothing will happen
-fixed the problem that causes the blocks to jump off the grid and change the colour of the background
-added winning conditions
-added pictures to the blocks, so now you have to put pieces of the puzzle together
-also scrambled the pieces up a little better this time, so its a bit harder

first person to solve the puzzle and post the text that flashes wins 15 bits

download the update from my first post
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

its better but you should add a timer or a counter that tells you how many moves you've made.
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It flashes
".:You Win:."
in a bunch of flashy colours.

BTW, I didn't have to win to find this out...hehehe...Turing's encryption is always the best for its .exes...hehehe.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so how did u look at the code? i gave u bits anyways, but ill give u 15 more if u tell me Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
Turing's encryption is always the best for its .exes..

turing keeps a load of junk in it's exe that's not suppost to be there Laughing

isn't that right Tommy? Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

mynameisbob wrote:
so how did u look at the code? i gave u bits anyways, but ill give u 15 more if u tell me Laughing

I didn't actually look at the code. I just opened your .exe in wordpad, and scrolled through. Most of the stuff is indecypherable garbage. But towards the bottom I found a line that had some recognizable text in it...including the instructions I think...and therein lay your "You Win" thingy...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: