Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My First Turing Game: space rocket
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
vagyb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

canada, toronto
lol we weren't even supposed to make a game cuz this is my first year in turing, we were supposed to make an interactive program (such as a quiz) but i decided to make a game cuz i always enjoyed doing things like that.

btw u can't shoot bullets... yet. i'm working on it to adding it.

update: i changed the rocks to different shapes and sizes. i'll post the new version soon once i get how to do the shooting.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
vagyb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i fixed up some things, here is the new version. i fixed up some of the rocks, fixed up some of the collision detection, and fixed up the speed a bit for the faster comps.
i would appreciate it if u guys tell me what u think bout it and give me ur comments Very Happy

game.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  game.zip
 Filesize:  278.77 KB
 Downloaded:  174 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

movement looks smoother - that's good Smile

i think you should be given an option to adjust speed (and get higher scores when moving faster)

Also I personally am getting over maxrow error, but I seem to get that with many executables cuz my fonts are set up differently... You might want to get that fixed (check if row and column are under maxrow and maxcol constants)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
vagyb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

aight thx for the replys, i'm currently tryin to make it better, and made the rocks different speeds. I'm still working on making the detection better and thinking how to make the rocket shoot bullets.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: