Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fill The Hill 2004
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Going?
(No ending time set)
yes
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
no
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
drugs are bad mkay
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 16

the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fucking cigarettes... they ruin ur WHOLE life,,,, its to dam fucking hard to quite,,,, and the second hard smoke causes lots of fucked up things...

too much cancer.. also... they make u STINK! and cost so much fucking money,.,,,

if u start smoking at age 18... by the time u are 40 << by that time u mite get enough strenth to stop...

u have already lost AT LEAST 200, 000 $$$$

what would u buy with 200,000 $$$???? i woul have put it in a bank so i could retire at age 40...

like FUCK!!

marijuanna... do u get adicted to it?? NO!
does it cause harm to ppl around u ? NO!

i think cigaretes should be regulated more! stop kids from smoking!

majuanna... = GOOD!! decriminalize saves money! that money saved can go towards SCHOOL! and buy better comps for Compsci! or better mice...

or in asiansensations words:

ur school should stop being cheap and buy optical mice!! ;P
Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Marijuana actually is addicted (and I have a living source for this) but the level of addictiveness is probably different for different people.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

marijuanna... do u get adicted to it?? NO!
does it cause harm to ppl around u ? NO!

i think cigaretes should be regulated more! stop kids from smoking!

majuanna... = GOOD!!

the first two points i disagree with, because you can tell that some people smoke it way too much, and eventually they could get their friends to start doing it too.

The next point i agree with. Why pay tons of money for a long, smelly, painfull death?

The last point i also disagree with, because like I said, some people you can tell smoke too much and it turns them into a dumbass.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... welll whats harder to quite?

Majuana...
or cigarettes...

thats what i mean not geting adicted...

by smoking a joint... it does not DIRECTLY harm othes (eg. second hand smoke)* acually.... i enjoy it when others smoke pot by me... smells nice.... although if u dont know that they smoking a joint... *say ur nose is pluged... then when u get home ur parents ground u cause u smell like it... that would suck..!

u can quit mnarijuana more freely.!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it is possible for people to be 'more addicted' to cigarettes because they area accepted in public places (at least outdoors), whereas pot isn't, so people wouldnt smoke as much pot as tobacco, and because they smoke less they are less addicted.

True story: someone lit up a joint on the bus today, and when the busdriver smelt it he pulled over and yelled for them to throw it out the window, and to smarten up. I think that he thought it was just tobacco though.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

by smoking a joint... it does not DIRECTLY harm othes (eg. second hand smoke)

ummm, i am not shure where you are geting your info but most joints are = to 1 pack for ciggertes for lungcaser casuing stuff. So i whould think they whould be just as bad for poleop around you.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan is right. It varies but i believe that a joint has more carcinogens then a cigarette.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no dan you're wrong. a joint does not = 1 pack of cigarettes as far as cancer and shit is concerned. you must be pretty fuckin ignorant to believe that

what's so fucking hard abotu the fact that in a joint there's one thing (unless you mixed some cigarette tobacco in wtih it): pot, marijuna, bud, dope whatever you wanna call it ... it's a plant. there's been ZERO cases of people getting lung cancer from smoking pot.

now look at what's in a pack of cigarettes... you got tobacco (obviously), acetoin, ammonia, arsenic, cyanide, cloroform, DDT, methanol, nicotine, the list goes on as you've all heard a thousand times before.

but the point I'm trying to make is that you'd have to be some kind of an idiot to think a natural plant like marijuna is more likely to cause you harm than these manufactured concoctions that are cigarettes.

the thing that pisses me off is how ignorant and willing to believe this bull shit the government and others are feeding you without doing any research as to what the other side has to say. obviously both sides will have their biasses, but you can at least do some reading and see what they have to say and make your own judgement rather than just believing the first or worst thing you hear.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

idk i blive it b/c it makes sceen. also the only poleop who are iggnorent are thos that need drugs like that to have fun. i just do not see how useing checnicals to mess with your brian is a good thing. the facts are it will casue cancer where u whont to blive that or not and it is a gateway drug. And there is no way it could be a good thing to do that to your mine. How could messesing with the chemaicals in your brina so much that it impaers your jugement be good in any way unless u are deing and need to get away from realty?

Also i think the govemnt is a litte more cerdiable sorce for infromation. They gain nothing from baning durgs other then stoping poleop from messing them sevles over and need health care. If they made all durgs legal the goverment could make millions taxing it and conrting the legal disrubution. So i do not think they have any reason to lie about such things.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's not that we NEED them to have fun, it just makes whatever you're doing that much more enjoyable.

actually the government has admitted to bull shit testing back in the 60's and 70's ... such as suffocating lab monkeys in way more smoke than a human would smoke.

and you're right the government could make a lot of money if they legalized it all and taxed it... which in my opinion would be a far better choice than the millions they're spending annually on trying to keep it illegal. (THE WHOLE POINT OF FILL THE HILL if you actually took the time to read some of the stuff on the site).

there are no long term health problems associated with pot use. things like short term memory loss or reduced sperm count and other things you hear about are only evident while you are actively using the drug. you want to restore your short term memory to full, just quit smoking for a while and it'll come back.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why not just hit your head agested a wall till u get brain damge? durgs have the same effect just the brain damage is not primint (some times). And i whould consider canser a long term helth problem, when u soke things u ushely get the same issues that go along with cigerents.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

smoke a maple leaf.... u mite get a buzz (i have not tested this theory.. just first leaf that came up).. and not illigal.... and guess what...

that shouldn';t make u get canacer or anything... cuz it 100% natural... its cellulose.... no different that inhalling smoke from campfire...

pot is also natural... so it shouldn't be much different

the only time pot is a gateway drug is for sore losers... loners.. and just dumbasses..stupid ppl.... really... like comon,... uif u have any brain at all.. u would keep out of harder shit (like coke etc) cuz u know its not good for u... and u would know whats going on... and u would have brains to stop or w/e....

someone that is smart.. has friends etc.. would smoke pot to have more fun.. not all the time.. but sometimes pot just makes things funner/./.. like skateboarding while yur stoned.. thats fun im shure...

POT = NATURAL

cancer comes from EVERYTHIGN... but.. CIGARETS have tons of CHEMICALS which make chances of cancer go up like 75%..

just to varify... i HAVE smoked pot.. (like 15 times) with friends... so i can talk about it .. and know it...
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummm, you do know cigeretes come from a plant as well....

and no mater what u smoke it puts crap in your loungs with is not good at all. and u talk about it only is a gae way durg for stuiped poleop but in my option u have to be prity stuided to be doing drugs in the 1st place....
octopi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

15 times, thats baby shit, I did it like 5 times in the last week.

Pot is as bad as alcohol, or less worse.
Here is my reasons. (These apply to me, and most my friends, maybe not you)

When I drink, I usually want to smoke a cigar or two.
So, I'm getting the liver damage etc...from drinking, plus the cancer, etc from the smoking.

When I smokeup, I don't want to smoke a cigar.
So, I get a little cancer from smoking the pot, but no added cancer from other shit. Also when I smoke up, things get ALOT funnier then when I drink, which makes for a better time, like last week, I smoked this stuff from my friend's dad, it was pretty good, anyways.....I was at my friends house and he was on msn, and I came and sat down at the computer, and I just started laughing, I don't know why, I just did, and then things just got funnier, and funnier, and I kept laughing, and couldn't stop. Ya....it was a wild night!

I dunno, out of all my friends, I think I'm the only one who prefers pot over alcohol, I dunno....everyone always likes alcohol.
(I do however like vodka, I can now just pour about four straight shots or so, into a glass, and drink it as if it was water, without any messed up face, or shit(Its something I'm proud of)) but pots the best.

Therefore: smoking pot is better then drinking (and cheaper)
Q.E.D.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe... smoking a maple leaf...
well its a fact that BBQing can increase your chance of cancer, but you don't see us stopping that do you?

and cancer doesn't come from everything, its just uncontrolled cell reproduction due to something going haywire in your genes that start / stop cell division.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 35 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: