Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Contest: Gues that OS!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: Contest: Gues that OS!

I know this would be better in the "Contest" forum, but, that one seems to be a little... err, empty. More people will see it here. 8)

I have a set of screenshots. You are to guess the Operating System, but don't think I made it easy. The winner gets 100 Bits. Shocked Wink

Is it a [b]real[b] mac with some foolies to make you think it's windows?
Is it linux w/ KDE tweaked out to look like a Mac showing a Windows partition to make you think it's Windows?
Is it windows disguised as a Mac?
Is it GNOME doing the same thing as above?
Is it Enlightenment doing the same?
Is it PearPC running fullscreen?
ect...

It's up to you to decide, but NAME THAT OS!

http://members.rogers.com/xiplst/screenshots.rar
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is PearPC in fullscreen.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wont say if you're right or wrong.

On Friday, I'll award the first person to get it right the hundred bits, and anyone thereafter to get it right, 5 complementary bits.
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah... pearPC (mac OSX) in fullscreen. but windows xp is the OS...
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

C'mon kids, two entries? It doesn't take long to guess, even if you don't look at the pics, just randomly guess. Wink

It's a hundred bits. Razz
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

real mac
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am going to guse it is a mac emulator of some kind or somting used to view the monotr of another comp. Now as to what OS it realy is i whould have to guse winXP b/c 1. if it is a real mac this post was real dum and 2. i dont know of any linux mac emulators althougth there probly are some.

As it is almost imposable to tell, b/c u could take a SS from any comp and then make it fullscreen on a diff OS and take another SS.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I am going to guse it is a mac emulator of some kind or somting used to view the monotr of another comp. Now as to what OS it realy is i whould have to guse winXP b/c 1. if it is a real mac this post was real dum and 2. i dont know of any linux mac emulators althougth there probly are some.

As it is almost imposable to tell, b/c u could take a SS from any comp and then make it fullscreen on a diff OS and take another SS.

PearPC is portable to all operating systems. Even Mac OS X. Razz

BTW: There are no screenshots inside screenshots in here. What you're seeing is the actual OS, whatever that may be.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

PearPC is portable to all operating systems. Even Mac OS X. Razz

BTW: There are no screenshots inside screenshots in here. What you're seeing is the actual OS, whatever that may be.

while tecnoly PearPC (from what i understand it is) is a SS of the other comp, just one that updates fast so u can see what is going on Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf are you smokin'?

PearPC is an emulator. It emulates a PowerPC architecture on your x86 machine. You actually do install OS X on a Virtual hard drive you create on the computer. Confused
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Templest ownz you Hacker Dan 8) .
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm well it's not a mac.. i can see that
but what other OS can it be? windows?
it sure looks like a windows except with the explore taskbar removed and replaced with another .. mac ish one..
so im saying windows
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it must be a mac (or emulator)

b/c of firefox
http://kmgerich.com/pinstripe/about.html
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

has anyone noticed its really hard to highlight a specific section of that website?
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what about winamp?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: