Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] PacMan by: Shorty Software <Get It Here (Updated)
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

My game is...
(No ending time set)
Amazing..
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Good...
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Needs Improvement...
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Sucks...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Average
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also i noticed the baddies dont seem to revert back to the "kill" node after I pick up the powerup to make them vulnerable to eating. Also: I got this error while playing:

error.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.59 KB
 Viewed:  4241 Time(s)

error.gif

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i had large amounts of problems iwht speed..

even though ur comp is 3.0 w/e GHZ u mite have to choose the 'kevin' option.... this is due to me jacking up the delay because of reports of instant death! right b4 i posted....... personally on my pent 1 machine... i use 'kevin ... and they give a decent chase.. and ive used 'kevin' on pent 3 machines and they give a hard chase... its all in balance... i guess i just jacked up a tiny bit too much for the 'y' setting!...

thanks 4 suggestion!

that error is simply due to turing being dumbass.....

if u use more then 1000 pictures in ur game... then it does that...
i could prob rewrite my code to include a Pic.Free in there... but thats too much work right now..... cuz im more involved in my websites / forum

yes i am aware that making the guys non run into walls would improve.... but that would be maybe 100 lines of whatdotcolor..... meh... i personally find it much harder with them goling thru wallz...

ok.. the reason it would not reset the guys to eat mode.... is because all delays are based on ur comp speed setting..

for time for eating them its..
delay (comp*40) where as comp is a speed between 5-50
and in main game loop where the enemy moves... thast (comp*100)

or something along those lines.... its been a while since i relaly looked at code

since ur the tenth person to complain about it too slow and u are too proud to us the SLOWEST setting... then... ill make it faster and reupdate all my crap withing the next 2 weeks.. (im busy)

hard mix.... Hacker Dan played my game and said he died instantly while back,,.... u play... they dont move 1 CM!

i garuntee a more satisfying time if u choose the 'kevin' setting!]
*mite make it hard to win.... but DEFINATELY not crawling speed!!!

READ THE read 1st PPL!!!

if its going to slow.. choose 'kevin'
is its going too fast choose 'slowdown'
or the inbetween ones 'y' and 'n'

* thats for the 'If ur PC Fast question!!!!!!
signal_1001

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I enjoyed it but i couldn't tell what i was doing.... there was nothing to eat i was just running away from the ghosts... it may just be my computer though, but cool intro
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah... i made the game very customizalb.e... i should fiter the BLACK colors out!!!

Enter Dot Color: u musta entered 7 or 245 - 255

meh... retry again with differenet colors!!!

try the defalt ones!!!

thanks for speaking up!! have to keep it bugproof!!!
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you're a genius! the game is so cool, except for the fact that the monsters eat through the wall. i love the way you clear the screen unlike a lot of people i know lol. i'm in grade 10 and my goal is to make a pacman game in turing so maybe you could give some pointers and advice if u dont mind. awsome game!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. letting the monsters eat thru walls make it nice and chanllenging..

glad you liked it ... and ill be glad to help you... add me to ur msn and ill answer any questions u have regarding it.. short1(at)gmail(dot)com (replace (at) with @ and (dot) with . ) .. doign that so my email is not so public on google. search ..
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: