Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Windows XP Switch user problem.
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:01 am   Post subject: Windows XP Switch user problem.

I don't know if anyone else has this damm anoying problem but.. if I switch users like two times (from the same two accounts), the mouse suddenly slows down... I have to go out of the pad like 10 times just to get to teh start button-- what the hell? the only way Iv figured out how to fix is-- to restart the comp (or log off all the accounts and log back in).

Anyone having this stupid problem? any solution?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, maybe you should actually log off instead of switching users, maybe leaving two accounts open and their programs running isn't good for your computer.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What? how? everythign runs so smooth-- i see no problem there-- and swtich user shouldn't give such damm anoying problem.
Anyone knows how to solve this?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The problem is not realy a problem with windows but with your computer. When u switch users rather then logout it keeps all the progames runing in the 1st user as well as the 2nd. This is usehly more progames then u think b/c all the stuff in your taskbar are ushely progames as well as ones you can not see. So you are like runing every progame 2 times when u uses user switching and it can be slow on computers with out tones of ram and cpu speed.

Also it could have nothing to do with the user switching and more to do with the user. Since the users on xp ushely have there own setings it is posable for them to be realy messed up on one user and not on the other. I know on one of my computers some of the aocunts work fast and other are slow as hell b/c they are the ones i let my borther uses where he installs endless amounts of spyware to play crapy online java games.
Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know, but the mouse settings are all the same on all the comps what could be messing it up? (how is it fixable)
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try puting in a faster cpu or more ram, lol. Also try the task manger and closing most of the applications and processes you do not need, if it works when you do that it is ether b/c one progame is messing it up or your comp is to slow.

Why do u even whont to use user swtiching? The only use i have ever found for it is if you whont to wlak away from a comp and come back latter, then when u hit swtich users no one can mess with your stuff (only if u got a pass tho).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Err it has nothing to do with that, everything work perfectly.. there are some settings that are colliding (witht he mouse) because everything else runs smoothly -.-; just the mouse goes slow... asif the speed is turned to like the lowest (but it's not).
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: