Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 something interesting I found...
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: something interesting I found...

what does
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
look like to you?

I'll tell you... it's a GPS chip... umm Thinking its a GPS chip that gets implanted into humans... doesn't sound impressive? Confused Have I mentioned it gets implanted using a sniper rifle ?? Shocked

Earlier today I came across ID Sniper

The info seems somewhat authentic as the company did in fact present at the chinese police exhibition
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I hope that chip isn't to scale... cause if it is... ouch Laughing
Does violate privacy though... obviously. But in China it's not gonna matter much, they might have a bunch of ppl in North America and Taiwan protesting if China ever uses it though, which wouldn't matter anyhow.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, though if you take a look at their tracking software screenshot it looks like USA Laughing

a bit more
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey! Is that pastor Jay?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm, i think you whould know if you where shot buy that. If you did that whould kind of defeat the pourpose b/c u could just dig it out, and if u could not then u whould probly have bigger problms (like dieing b/c u just got shot in througth the head with a GPS bulit).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:50 am   Post subject: Re: something interesting I found...

tony wrote:
what does
look like to you?

Dude, it's totally that tracking bug from that Matrix movie. Y'know, the original movie, for which they made no sequels. That bug was freaky.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that is stupid, it's too huge to be a damm bullet ( i know it's enlarged) also.. the tip is so damm round, how the hell is that suppose to get into your skin?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If it is delivered with a sniper rifle I think it will get into your skin pretty easily, regardless of shape. Also, it's possible that the people it is used on know that it's there, but they also know that if they remove it the people tracking them could know. if they got it removed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

IT'S A US GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!!!!

No, I think it's practical use is for shooting fugitives with it if they are running away so that they can be easily tracked. Damn good idea.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer : matrix bug is exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture Laughing

and yes, the purpose is to track figures that you cannon approach at the moment.

Description claims that the shot feels like a bite from a moskito, 'cept that instead of West Nile you get GPS implanted Laughing Btw - I think it doesn't hurt as much and doesnt cause internal dagame because of that rounded tip (ever thought of that Amailer?)

At the end it does come down to government conspiracy... Rolling Eyes
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wait it said it's a gps chip..might be planted into a bullet? but then.. what's the use? your gonna take it out Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is kind of startling to learn of all these new weapons that are basically infringing on our privacy and whatnot, though this is a good idea for law enforcement. I've read of some things that the CIA has been developing and has developed during Clinton's reign (but are not using) that could seriously affect the way we look at it.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's just like having a bug on you just..inside you.. nothing big Very Happy
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have a hard time belving that this whould not kill or almost kill the person being shoot. Ushley sinperfiles are prity dam powerfull, and if it is that small it whould not have much resistence. I think it migth go right throw the person and out the other side.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's probably been tested so it probably won't do that.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: