Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 waterloo represent
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My old school was BDSS and it biaslky had big durg and vandlisum isues. Like once some one ligth the bathroom on fire. Also the place was falling aprt, they are working on fixing it now but that just put every one in portables. Lots of durgs there too, probly the magority of that school is on somting. Also they spend more money on there football and other sports then the actual education of the school, i all was had to share text books in some classes and for most of the time i was there, there most of there comps where windows 3.1 but they "upgraded" to 95 the last year i was there.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that is terrible.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how were the teachers there? the computer science course?
and supergenious, looks like angelfire doesn't allow linking images Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
how were the teachers there? the computer science course?

Aucaly the theachers there were prity good, they did not have much to work with but they are far better then ones in my new school. Tho the grade 10 CS teacher i had there sucked big time so the course did a bit too (alougth it did not help that it was turing). The grade 11 CS teacher was good tho, insted of doing VB she picked C++, witch in my option was a gr8 choice and made the CS corse aucaly slightly intresting.

But do to lack of intrested and recorces the grade 10 and 12 CS corses where cansled this year at that school, i guse i got out just in time Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my teacher said that gr 11 compsci has no prerequisite so they waste the first part of the year teaching the noobs. It's going to be a huge ripoff, but at least i can do good on my first term report. Also I'm going to S-JAM so mabye they will have decent computers.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn the new school, my girlfriend is going there next year, but ppl who go to S-JAM can come with WCI ppl on the trip to france, so Im hoping she could come with me. Now to convince the terrorists or americans to bomb the new school before it opens.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

france... lucky kid!

also...

hhahah i love ur sig pic supergenious!!!

go Calgary!!!

yea/.././ windows 3.1

tahts SAD on soooo many levels!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paul, you are refering to the one known as GI Jane?

also, i am looking forward to going there because I'm sick of the nonsemestered system at wci.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know GI jane, my girlfriend doesn't program...
thegoose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Speaking of good equipment. You realize that the until a few years ago (probably like 2002), the Chinese IOI team still train on 386s. In terms of programming, a good algorithm will run no matter on what type of computer while a bad one (aka. search with bad pruning or brute force) will still perform misearbly even on the best computers
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

serious.... tahts true but crzy... so much for using the internet and sites LIKE compsci for help *compsci wasn't around till early 2003 rite> ? or was it late 2002..

anyways..

386... that musta sucked hard core i knew someone who used one of those still *to play games etc... it was sad.... i let him comp to my house and play starcraft on my pent 1... he was so shocked at speed.... he knew their were faster comps out there... but he never used one.m..

anyways... yea maybe thats why they made such good programas? they ha to make them supprt eficient so they run on shit comp....

hmm Thinking

does waterloo have a 'send u off to work program' type of thing... like where as soon as u done school they have jobs reserverd for those ppl.. ? ?? i heared they had something like that...

that was my first chouce for Software Engineering..

also how are the comps are Waterloo??
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: