Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Applying tweens to text
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: Applying tweens to text

Hey guys, I have a new project in Flash I'm working on, which I need some help on.

What I want to do is make a banner for my signature. I would like to start with initials and have the rest of the words grow out from them.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you'd have to break the link and turn text into bitmap before you can tween it. I forgot the proper term used for that in Flash, but I suspect its one of the options on rightclicking text object Thinking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this is what i did but it's messed up. The font looks nice just by pressing enter but pressing control > enter (and published) it is wrong. I like the flipping effect, and how do i get it to do that without the letter flipping horizontally again in the last frame?

Edit: you cant really see what I'm talking about so i'll include the fla. I know that I made the B face backwards, but the flipping effect is lost if I turn it the other way; this is to show what my intent is.

sig.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  915 Bytes
 Viewed:  3693 Time(s)

sig.zip
 Description:
the fla of the swf shown.

Download
 Filename:  sig.zip
 Filesize:  4.07 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

Tubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
this is what i did but it's messed up. The font looks nice just by pressing enter but pressing control > enter (and published) it is wrong. I like the flipping effect, and how do i get it to do that without the letter flipping horizontally again in the last frame?

Edit: you cant really see what I'm talking about so i'll include the fla. I know that I made the B face backwards, but the flipping effect is lost if I turn it the other way; this is to show what my intent is.

quick fix is just make a keyframe at the last frame inside the tween and delete the keyframe that has it horizontal, then add one frame to the tween.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Either I am doing something wrong, or that doesnt work, because i selected frame 23 and tried to convert it to a keyframe but it messes up the tween.... I read that flash does not like you messing with tweens like this..... so now I'm even more confused than before.

Why do the fonts get messed up when I try to test the movie?
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: