Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Transparency
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: Transparency

I admit, I know nothing when it comes to graphics and using graphics program. So bearing that in mind, would someone help me solve this problem?

I have a picture, a border, to be more precise. How do I make all the white part transparent?

Border.bmp
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  9523 Time(s)

Border.bmp

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, don't save it as a bitmap. Or, use the bitmap (if the texture class can load it, I can't remember), but be sure to set white to be transparent. You'll have to check his website for how to do that.
Or, in an image editing program (like photoshop or GIMP, make the background transparent and save the image in a format that allows alpha channels (I like .tga). Also, when you render, don't forget to do all of your transparent textures last, and slap a glEnable(GL_BLEND)/glDisable() around them.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm, just open the .bmp file in photoshop, CTRL+A (select all, get selection...) and copy it, open a new document.. (the size everythign should auto be there) and past it, then pick up your Magic Wand Tool and click in the center of the frame, the white part.. then right click the layer (Layer 1) and click Layer via cut.
Now to make it transperant.. just change the optical of Layer 2 to w/e you want it to be Very Happy.

Then save the file as a gif (only.. or png but only works for mozilla, firefox and etc, not IE)
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: