Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My Kill Kenny Game - NEW VERSION NOW -
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: My Kill Kenny Game - NEW VERSION NOW -

It's not the greatest, I just started it about 5 days ago, and didn't know what else to add right now.
But for now I'm finished with it.
Feel free to give me anymore ideas to kill kenny (preferable gnus, not swords and anything like that

Actually can someone tell me how to get the file on, I kept trying but it wouldn't work.
(edit)- Ok, I figured out that u couldn't put .exe files on. Didn't feel like putting it into a zip, so heres the turing file.

New Kill Kenny Game! Well, not much new. I haven't been working on it alot. But now it's got music and health. I also got two games in there, number 1 is for 1200 by 800 screen revolution, and 2 is for 800 by 600 (I think)
I might add the rest of the stuff sometime. If I work on it. Rolling Eyes

kill kenny.zip
 Description:
Newer version
With screen revolutions
1 - 1200 by 800
2 - 800 by 600

Download
 Filename:  kill kenny.zip
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Downloaded:  859 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Use the "Add an Attachment" buttom at the bottom of the screen. Then scroll to the bottom of refreshed window and click "Browse..." then choose your file from you hard drive and select it. Or you can use [ url=http://myWebsite.com/myFile.zip]Download my File! [ /url] if its on a web site.

No ideas for Kenny, but you seem to have a sick mind... makeing a game to kill Kenny in different ways :p/
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow! Kenny looks much better than expected! (His hood could have some color), but he looks good. All the graphics are pretty great actually.

Its great visually aside from the fact that the point of the program is to kill someone with 6 different weapons Rolling Eyes .
Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

U may whont to redraw the buttions so u can still see them affter u shoot them. Other wise it is prity good for what it is, like a paint progame gone evil.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Delta

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice lol, ahhh it's been a while since I've seen Kenny die. Smile
Well here are some suggestions/bugs might just make your Kenny killing experience even more worth wild.

- Pressing clear erases everything (creates a flashing of white), possibly a viewupdate here and there could fix this.
- Colour the hood (like guruguru had said)
- You should really expand your selection of weapons. Add some melee weapons, a crossbow or a cannon.
- Have different animations for each, maybe different sized bullet holes at least. (Decapitation could come by a boom-a-rang
- Show the weapon that you are using. Either in an icon form or first person shooter style. (ex. Doom, Quake, CS)
- Make kenny actually die Smile Not instantly (one shot), but have him decrease in health (certain weapons do more damage)
- Make blood fly out from his body (for ranged weapons random directions and for melee weapons relative to the attack)

There are many things you could do to make Killing Kenny more attractive. Have fun and remember these are just suggestions. Don't flame me and say that I'm dissing your program. Cause I'm not.

Good job Smile
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flame by no means.
Those are great suggestions, although they sound very tricky.

The clear had a little delay I think, I was gonna make the erases hae a special effect, but I forgot about it.

I don't get what u mean by coloring the hood? I have a pillow of kenny and maybe its a bad drawing, or I am missing something Question

I was gonna try the health thing, but then I didn't cause it seemed to complicated. But I mean, I don't like to think alot here at home, so maybe later I'll put it in if I can.

Thank you for the rest of the suggestions, I'll be puttin those in shortly (within a week)
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

im pretty sure what delta means is to use drawfill so that his hood is orange like the rest of his jacket.

Nice game, and I would like to see it expanded

One major thing that would make it better is using whatdotcolour to check if a bullet hole is actually going to be drawn on top of kenny, and if it isnt then dont draw it. It looks a litte odd when the sky is bleeding.
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya I haven't learn that stuff yet though.

Ok I now know what u mean from the hood.
I tried it on my other computer. I think that happens cause the screen size is different, and I have a drawdot that suppost to cover up a hole in the eye and hood. I looked closely and I saw that it wasn't wear it should be.
But anyways it's supposted to be coloured in, just doesn't work for some reason.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

THe wierd thing is that the hood is colored when you start drawing everythings but once loading the drawings the hood is white.
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats because the arc for the eye (for some reason, I've never been able to solve this, even for other games) leaves a hole with the oval. And when I fill in the eyes, its seeps into the hood, making it turn white.
Delta

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok here is a fix for your kenny not being drawn correctly. You were just a couple pixels off here and there.

Insert the code

code:
drawfilloval (300, 200, 75, 75, 42) % Head Orange
drawoval (300, 200, 75, 75, black) % Head Outline
drawfilloval (300, 200, 50, 50, 137) % Brown padding
drawfilloval (300, 200, 30, 48, 90) % Face
drawoval (300, 200, 30, 48, black) % Face outline
drawarc (280, 210, 20, 20, 240, 115, black) % left eye
drawarc (320, 210, 20, 20, 75, 304, black) % right eye
drawfill (280, 220, white, black) % Left eye make white
drawfill (320, 220, white, black) % Right eye make white
drawfilloval (280, 210, 2, 2, black) % Left eye, pupil
drawfilloval (320, 210, 2, 2, black)  % Right eye pupil
drawline (300, 150, 310, 130, black) % String left
drawline (300, 150, 290, 130, black) % String right
drawarc (300, 165, 180, 95, 250, 290, black) % Waist line
drawline (250, 56, 250, 73, black) % Left leg (outside)
drawline (350, 56, 350, 73, black) % Right leg (outside)
drawline (300, 70, 300, 124, black) % Middle of jacket

in between the
code:
%Kenny
and
code:
%arms
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok that works, but maybe just my computer, or all, but the arc is way off, into the hood. And it looks wierd.
But if it's good on your computer, I'll have 2, so I basically just copy and paste on both, with one that I like (my old one) and I'll put the new one on here for you guys.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow.... lookz cool..... VERY nioce graphics!!!! best ive seen drawn in turing with lines and fill...... until a month ago i didn;nt even know drawfill Sad

anyways..

heres a little suggestion... and u may learn from this code (Rand.Int):

for a : 1..25
drawfilloval (Rand.Int (20,650),Rand.Int(100,300), 6, 6, black)
delay (100)
end for

this draws those 25 or so black bullets at the intro ... instead of 200 lines...
of

drawoval
delay
drawoval
delay.
.. its only 4 instead!

notice Rand.Int... its an ez way to put a random number into something without having to acually make a variable for it!

another suggestion: try learning GUI and make buttons for those weapons... that way their always gona work... i had to keep clicking on the button serveral times b4 it acually changed my weapon....

anyways.! nice program! hope to see more cool stuff come outa u!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

poomanchunk wrote:
Ok that works, but maybe just my computer, or all, but the arc is way off, into the hood. And it looks wierd.
But if it's good on your computer, I'll have 2, so I basically just copy and paste on both, with one that I like (my old one) and I'll put the new one on here for you guys.

Might be the resolution.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing does funny things .... on a 800x600 res machine and 1024x700 res machines... u get off balance stuff.,.... no language is perf...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: