Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request: Need Someone to host file-15KB on server with PERL!
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: Request: Need Someone to host file-15KB on server with PERL!

hey all...

i am in desperate need of someone to host a small .pl file (5Kb) on a server hopefully with unlimited bandwith that have PERL on it.... also to make 3 empty directories

the folders needed are

cgi-bin/chat/data

and putting the chat.pl in the chat folder
the data folder im gussing mite have the users that are logged in or something in it... and that mite be .01 KB per person... so that MITE total 10 KB over time so thats why i said 15 KB in title...

purpose: i found a WICKED free chat program... it has the applet AND the server side... whish is EXACTLY what i wanted... chat.pl is the server side

problem:

Neither geocities OR shaw have PERL Sad
so it DONT WORK Sad says cannot conect to server

if u think geocities or shaw DOES use PERL... please TELL me...maybe i just did something wrong and ill recheck install guide!!!

reward: ill give u a PICTURE link to ur website on my new upcomming MEGA site's LINKS page.. also a TEXT link to ur page on my CHAT page...
plus MILLIONS of thanks!!!

i hope someone can do this for me as it would be MUCHOS apriciated!!

-Kevin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I may be able to host it for you on compsci.ca, but i whould need to know just how much bandwith it will take and space b4 i promoses anything.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it did not say how much spave it would take up...
u dont have to sign up for it or anything... u just enter a nicknam and then u can chat..
the data files are prob in case u enter a password so others cant use ur nick... so i dont think they would total over 10 KB in a year.....

bandwidth.... its a really small file... only 5 KB... so i dont think it will be much..but this is exactly the kind of chat i wanted.. server and applet side... both are kinda custamizable (color wize).... !!!!

and hey....if it works good .... if u wanted u could use this chat for compscic v3...

http://www.members.shaw.ca/short1_skateboarding/chat/chat.html

in the .html u have to speify the located of the chat.pl and ive tried geocities and shaw... and both will show the same error...

its Freeware for personal and comercial use too i belive... i can double check..

if their any way u could monitor the bandwidth of it??

or maybe we can wait a few days for someone to take a break off studying and see if they have and unlimited bandwidth server..
Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Send me the files and i will put them up. I can wtach how much bandwith it usese and if it goses nuts i will just take them down.

I dont think it will effect compsci.ca much if it is only a 5kb file, then agen viewtopic.php page on compsci.ca is small yet it takes up 4gb of banwith per month, lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: