Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 To Program a Rubrik's Cube
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: To Program a Rubrik's Cube

how oh how?!
anyone got any ideas? it can't be just a simple 3x3x3 array because the portions of the cube have different face colours (a corner has 3 colours, for example). perhaps adding another element to the array (from 1 .. 3) to track the colour of each face, but that would quickly become a nightmare. Thinking
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well its ether 3x3x3 of a type that contains 6 faces

or 6x3x3 (6 faces, 3x3 each)

ether way, I guess the hardest part would be keeping tack of proper shifts during rotations
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OpenGL Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if any one can make a rubix cube program that solves it completely, i'll award 500 bits.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

To make a progame to solve a rubic cube whould not be that hard. There are like 10-20 sets that if you do right no matter what it will solve the cube. Dose not mater where the colors start, if u do a scrent combiation it will all ways solve it. I used to have a book on it Razz .
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

woa.. cool... but i meant like making it spin and all that...
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know 3d graphics Sad maybe i'll learn directX over the summer
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

3D graphics are just the visualization of the cube. For the purposes for the program, 6 separate 2D faces could be displayed just as well Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thats no fun Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
woa.. cool... but i meant like making it spin and all that...

Oh, lol. That whould be a cool app to watch. Probly easyested to make it 3dmax and just render it as a video.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
@DRI@N

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't go nuts Andy! Rubix Cube is very very hard.....
I don't really care about bits that much...do you want mine Andy?

[mod:af2b188502="amailer"]
Meh, use the edit button next time insted of making a new post, also pm the user for such things as I don't really care about bits that much...do you want mine Andy?[/mod:af2b188502]
Andy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm im a mod... my bits are set at 1000... and stop posting useless stuff adrian
thegoose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Will random graphs do? There are so many possible solutions for a rubix cube that if you check enough sets of random moves (around 1,000,000) with a little pruning, you are bound to hit one
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thegoose wrote:
Will random graphs do? There are so many possible solutions for a rubix cube that if you check enough sets of random moves (around 1,000,000) with a little pruning, you are bound to hit one

I've tried that. Smile

Be prepared to watch your computer sit there and do nothing for a very long time, even if you have a decent computer.
thegoose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not if you do it properly, 1,000,000 is nothing programming wise (no recursive search required)
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: