Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 you can't pay me enough to work tech support
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: you can't pay me enough to work tech support

or work as a lower class programmer Laughing

stupid programers

and other tech support stories

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hahaha those things are hilarious!! Laughing I love all the ones about people who tried to tell the computer what to do with comments Laughing
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
up, _up, up_, Up, uP, UP, _Up, _UP
down, _down, down_, Down, dOWN, DOWN, _Down, _DOWN

and

Quote:
He responded, "Oh, HTML kicks C++'s @$$."

ROFL
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

* Customer: "I bought your fancy graphics card, and my Windows display is not better than it was before."
* Tech Support: "We had better look at the installation then."
* Customer: "You mean I have to install it?"

The graphics card was still in the box.

ROFL
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

but in the future she should always keep each floppy in a ZipLoc bag to be sure they don't leak on each other in the future. She was instantly happy and went on her way. I'll make a bet she still keeps her disks in sealed plastic bags.

My favorite Laughing
naoki

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony i wish i could give you bits because those two links just made my day
the next time i'm suffering from programming pains i'll look at these examples and feel so much better about myself

code:
Back in my first year of school in computer science, we were learning Turbo Pascal. I remember one day looking over the shoulder of a guy who was writing some unreadable code by removing all possible spaces and empty lines.

#  Me: "Why are you writing like that -- it's unreadable."
# Him: "I want to keep the code compact, so I get maximum speed when I execute the program."
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
She no longer teaches programming.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

# Me: "Nobody over the age of eight uses QBasic for serious purposes."
# Him: "But they made windows with QBasic."

and as posted
Quote:

Back in my first year of school in computer science, we were learning Turbo Pascal. I remember one day looking over the shoulder of a guy who was writing some unreadable code by removing all possible spaces and empty lines.

* Me: "Why are you writing like that -- it's unreadable."
* Him: "I want to keep the code compact, so I get maximum speed when I execute the program."
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Customer: "What's going to happen to my computer when the year 2000 hits? Will it just not work anymore, or what?"
Tech Support: "Actually, the year 2000 problem is this: it seems most of the computer code up until recently had been written assuming that the first two digits in the year of any date were "19." So basically, some of these applications, when the year 2000 rolls around, will reflect "1900," rather than "2000." Of course, there weren't any computers around in the year 1900, and so your computer will simply disappear."
After looking very concerned for a few seconds and saying nothing, I reassured him I was joking.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:

In 1999, I saw an advertisement for "special" automobile jumper cables that would make your car Y2K-compliant. The ad said you just needed jump-start your car with them using a Y2K-compliant car as the booster, and your car would become Y2K compliant! Of course, they cost twice what "regular" jumper cables cost.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:

public int convertItoi(Integer v)
{
    if (v.intValue()==1) return 1;
    if (v.intValue()==2) return 2;
    if (v.intValue()==3) return 3;
    if (v.intValue()==4) return 4;
    if (v.intValue()==5) return 5;
    if (v.intValue()==6) return 6;
    if (v.intValue()==7) return 7;
    return 0;
}

Laughing
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
When I was studying programming, one of my classmates was having serious troubles with his program. When he asked me for help, I leaned over his screen and saw all of his code in comments. The reason: "Well, it compiles much faster that way."

How are these people even let in the schools!? Surprised

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man, these people need to grow a brain.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: