Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Intro Page Challenge: 200 Bits... + credits and extras
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: Intro Page Challenge: 200 Bits... + credits and extras

ok.. here it is...
ive got a totally new website that im making... and i want to have a cool flash intro like compsci.. the problem... i dont know SHIT about flash or java... so... i come to my fellow compsciers for help...

if you are going to make this, tell me so others wont make one for nothing..

Idea:

have all of my page titles (Turing, Skateborading, Music, Software, Emulation, Starcraft, Links) to swish ACROSS from random angles / sides of the scree.. then display a final message to enter site...

NOTE: im making my site in geocities, then once its done im uploading to shaw server so its FAST **shaw allows all extension, ulimited bandwidth, and super fast... and no BANNER!!!!!!

whats more apropriate... flash or java... flash rite?? if not u can make this in java in u feel like it..

Rules:

-Must Have Black Background
-Must be For 800x600 res
-Must be able to work with geocities and/ or my shaw server
-Must be willing to edit it afterwords if minor things need changing
-Must Use My Pictures ** I Have Them All On Server

What I Want It To look Like:

.. have a bix box same size as one for compsci and have each title **i have pictures... just ask and ill PM them... swish ALL the way ACROSS the box from different (random) sides / (random) angles then...

at the ending frame... display this message doing the printer style effect ** run the program that i attached

Welcome

To My

Page

ENTER

but centered in the middle (width wise) and ending in the middle (height wise) and have bigger fonts **could i use a font that i can upload to my server??? **Matisse ITC or should i just make a big pic with taht whole message in with that font in WORD..????

have the enter button link to my main page... then also ill put a ENTER link rite bellow the box in case ppl are inpacient and / or cant use flash...

If You Make This:

- You Get 200 Bits
- You Can Add A Message At Bottom Of Box Saying It Was MadE By U
- I Will Make A Plain Text Link To Your Website On My Links Page AND On This intro page, to go along with that link i will say "Please Visit The Website Of "ur name here" who made taht flash intro"
- See My Website before public Release
- i will host ur Avatar and Signature pictures for FREE! at shaw so its ultra fast and wont FAIL, also u can change that pic WHENEVER!
- Knowing u made something REALLy COOl and helped out a flash noob
- I will be foreever grateful

Please tell me if anything i requested here is really hard or imposible

-PacMasta kevin folz

printer style writing.t
 Description:
RUN THIS TO SEE WHAT I MEAN FOR PRINTER EFFECT!!!! even if u know what i mean.. still run this so u know exactly how i want it... thx

Download
 Filename:  printer style writing.t
 Filesize:  723 Bytes
 Downloaded:  214 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you cant do it in java... lol Java.. haha you sure dont know nuteen loool Hmm I COULD do it.. but that takes work.. lol Ill talk 2 u on msn lol
Delta

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You know whats even funnier. The fact that you said you can't do it in Java. Hahaha, your the one who knows nothing obvisously. Because you can do it in Java, not as easily as in flash. But still it can be done.

Ok if you want someone to make you an intro. Well I suggest at least being open to thier ideas. Because what your asking is very basic. You could have something much better for the same offer. If you want send me the pictures over msn, and I'll see what I can do for you.
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

do you want something like mine?
www.vgforum.tk
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

are u gona copy everything i do..???? thats pretty low..... be orignal and comp up with ur own ideas....

and what... did use a template to make that .. Laughing ....

first... u copy all my forums.... when i made my forum... u had like 5 categories..,..... and i have like 20 +...... now urs has like 13... 5 of which i had first..... lamer...
second: u get the .tk add..... wooo... again... i had mine b4 u got urs
third: u get 123 free coutners.. i had mine b4 u ever thought of making one
fourth: u get a flash intro.. which i had an idea of to make like 3 monthago..

ryan.... getting a little sad here.... common.... ur not proving anything....just that u can follo9w the leader and copy my shit..
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come on man your computer cant even handle a flash intro Laughing and you never told me you were planing on making (getting someone else to make it, of course) a flash site. do it yourself. 2nd i made my forum first then you say thanks for the idea and you make one a month later.
3rd, hehe this is fun.. you got don and ryan (idiots) to join your forum and you made i know one of them a mod. they play yu-gi-oh cards man.
4th (last one i g2g) you handed out little pieces of paper at school with your website adress on it. but what you dont know is that almost everybody that you gave one to ripped it up as soon as you left.. hahaha even ask jon im not lying. well suck on that loner
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i got ryan and don to join to be a mod... yes... to be a final fantasy x1 mod ONYL that and with limited powers..

due to the fact that i think that game will rock and i want to be kept in da loop..

thanks for the idea of making a forum...

them ripping up the papers ... whoop de do!.. i still got a better forum then u.. hahah even rhyme it..

keep this ON TOPIC PLEASE! this is da FLASH section..

i cant code in FLASH.... thats why their is CREDITS>.

hell.... GO MAKE ur own forum out of php then/// i dont think so.. thats hard.... we use templates for that for the most part!

w/e... this is getting sad and childish... i dont care! lets just drop it... ok? or at least do it in the PM form as not to SPAM on compsci..
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: