Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 mac kills my inner child
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: mac kills my inner child

for those of you who have not seen this, take a look
for those of you who have seen this, watch it again

after editing
sorry, i got excited, the link, as Paul Bian said, is

http://www.myjokemail.com/videos/Macintosh.shtml

enjoy

p.s. turn on your speaker or other wise it wont make sence untill he picked up the mac and kicked it
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn it u! post the damned link!
or is it this one?
http://www.myjokemail.com/videos/Macintosh.shtml
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think he may have meant to post that link in the other topic. In which case... it was boring up until he drop kicked the iMac.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe, I like the idea of wrestling and boxing with ur computer, its what I use to do with my win 98.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that guy is full explaninng a windows Shocked i can't believe it...
*goes and tries to post it on maxosx.com*
jonos

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Still makes me want an Apple computer.

Was that made by apple?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL, that was so funny.

I hate mac so much, i dont care what poleop say but when you can not pic what computer you whont in your own dam computer there is somting wrong. It all has to be made by dam appel, they are therying to make a bigger monpoly then M$. The only difference is they are just not good at it Shocked
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
I hate mac so much, i dont care what poleop say

Surely you mean the company, and not OS X. Shocked

Sounds to me like a rant made my some Microsoft Zealot.

"Windows' BSOD Kills my inner child". That'd be more like it.

OS X 10.3 is pretty fucking good, I've used it, and had no problems. But that's just me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

While the os is desined to only run on the mac, so it realy is just as bad as the company. At least when i get made at my windows install i can format and put a diff os on it or take the parts from my comp and use it in a diffrent one.

Alougth i do know that some poleop have made an emulator for windows that will alow mac OSs to be run on a PC, that is still not the point. The company is mover evil then M$ and that is prity dam evil.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
At least when i get made at my windows install i can format and put a diff os on it or take the parts from my comp and use it in a diffrent one.

Who says you can't do that on mac PC's? hint: http://www.macmall.com/

There's tons of guides online that show you how to replace stuff on Mac's too. I personally think that OS X 10.3 is more stable than Windows.

I say OS X 10.3 because 10.1 WAS unstable. But try it out some time,

http://pearpc.sf.net

Get an ISO from eDonkey. You'll see. If it doesn't crash in the emulator, It must not crash in the real thing. At least not as much as Windows.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The emulator for it is so buggy alone that it whould not show much.

Any how it is the idea behind it more then how good the OS is. For example there is no way i will ever uses M$ new os longhorn when it comes out b/c of some of there new ideas on how to deal with media.

I looked at http://www.macmall.com and did not see any OS for mac that where not mac OSs, alougth there was that PC emulator but i do not consider that to be an OS but rather an app runing on a OS.

I am not saying that winodws is better then OS X or the other way around. All i am saying is that windows is not making there OS to only run on comps they make. Now linux has somting going for it free and open sorce, could you ask for more?

Also since i am ranting about evil OS companys, i whould like to talk about longhorn. longhorn (M$ new os that is coming out in like 2006) is going to have specishal "meaid right magment" stuff built in to it, witch means that this thing is going to be keeping track of all your songs a videos to make shure you not stealing them. If that is not enogth, every file u make, modfly, copy or send to some will have info about your computer encode in to it so M$ or any other comapy that know the format can find out where the file has been or who has hade it or made it. So, so much for perivey rights online. Also M$ whonts to chage hotmail so it uses there new e-mail foramt that will only alow hotmail users to recive e-mail from poleop using this format. M$ has been trying to get other prodvers to sing up for this under the idea that it will stop spam, but realy it will just stop poleop from being anyomuse in e-mail and will alow M$ to chagre money for e-mail. M$ could care less about spam, in fact you can pay M$ and they will send spam e-mails for you to all the hotmail users or put your adds on the msnm.

Just think what will hapen if M$ takes apples ideas of making there OS hardware depended and start making there own hardware. Then other then linux there whould be no stoping them, they whould own all most all of the net and almost all computers, OS and e-mail. This is why linux is good, it is open sorce so you can see if there is anything evil in it and if there is u could fix it. We need to keep our freedom intackt and keep the net a free place.
templest

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bleh. Here's the thing: OS X is for Macs, if you can afford one, use it. You won't regret it.

If you don't want to, stick with Linux|BSD|*nix|Darwin x86 ( Wink ) as they are all better alternatives for Windows.

Quote:
I looked at http://www.macmall.com and did not see any OS for mac that where not mac OSs,

If you mean that there is no other OS for Mac PC's other than OS X, you are wrong. Just do a quick google and see for yourself. Linux has most defenetly been ported to PPC by lots, including RedHat, Mandrake, Gentoo, Debian, ect. So I don't think that was your point, but w/e.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I ment the only OS on that site where mac only OSs. I know there have been verson on linux for mac, but why? I whould rather spend money on a good pc or laptop witch i can mod with parts that i dont have to buy form one comany and i can easly put OSs that i whont on it. Face it mac was made for the mac OSs while PCs are made to run a wider verity of them.

And it is more of an ehtical isues then a how good the system is, i dont whont to sport a comany that whonts one OS and one hardware desing witch are both made by them (i know there are more the one mac hardware desing, what i ment is that they make the desging and not some one eltes).
templest

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Face it mac was made for the mac OSs while PCs are made to run a wider verity of them.

Did I say otherwise? Nope. Read my previous message.

Quote:
Bleh. Here's the thing: OS X is for Macs, if you can afford one, use it. You won't regret it.

to be a bit more exact:

Quote:
Bleh. Here's the thing: OS X is for Macs...

And Macs, being made by the same company, would tend to make an OS as less generic as possible, and if they need to tweak the hardware to make the software work? So be it. That's a perfectly true statement, Mac's where made for the Mac OS. I don't think they make the hardware for anything else but to run their own operating system.

I was just pointing out that if you decide to purchase a Mac, and later down the road thought that gentoo was worth fiddling with, you have that option, and are not just tied to just using OS X. Rolling Eyes

edit:

Quote:
(i know there are more the one mac hardware desing, what i ment is that they make the desging and not some one eltes).

You know what apple's after? Market Share *shock*.

Don't forget that the reason BECAUSE there are so many different companies producing x86 PCs is because IBM was sloppy with their patenting/copyrighting and managed to leave some room for other's, uhh... compaq?, to reverse engineer (or whatever it is they did) their PC's and reap those benefits.

If that wouldn't have happened. We'd be seeing the exact same thing on both side's of the table. Apple Computers just happened to be a bit more good at protecting their stuff.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, you are totaly missing the point so i will just drop it here. Go on to your world of one OS, one computer manfiuture and haivng pericery rights and open sorce going the way of DOS.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: