Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bandwidth Problems
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:13 pm   Post subject: Bandwidth Problems

So far compsic has been a great success but oufoutley this has been reeking hell on our bandwidth. As of now we are eating up at lest 50mb per hour and this simply dose not leave engoth for use to make it to end of this moth. As a reslote we have we will have to shout the site down for part of the next week. (It was ether this or let it crash hard and not let any one know what is going on).

So if you come back to the site and see some message about it being down you know why. This shoed only be to the 1st of the next moth.

--Dan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the site is back up and running...

I'd like to give a special thx to octopi for helping to get it back up, after Dan messed up some files that kept on erroring on me Evil or Very Mad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, i did not mess them up i just put a pass on the dir.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well its almost the end of the day... anyway, this month compsci.ca was up for 1 day and we already used up 175 MBs of bandwidth. Now it might not seem like a lot... BUT

175 per day * 20 days (well assuming 0 activity on weekends)
= 3500 MBs.

Now thats a problem. We only get 3000MBs for a month. Furthermore there's still activity during weekends and I'm expecting May/June to be heavier loaded because of finals Confused

Although Dan is modifying PHP files (the main cause of bandwidth usage... like 95%+ cause) that alone would not solve the problem. We still expecting to grow in size - right?

So I donno whats going on. I'm hopping that we're not going to run into the same problem by the end of this month too Shocked

some things that you can do to help:
post code as attachment files
dont post a bunch of useless junk - thats for you Darkness
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: