Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 internet optimizer
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: internet optimizer

anyone heard of internet optimizer? sometimes it loads this page instead of the link i click.. its real weird.. i thought i removed it from my comp completely..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think it's the same thing as this topic :S, mine is gone now.. i just del the whole damm folder Shocked
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When in doubt... format? Smile
It helps to have a spare hard drive to throw all the data you want to keep onto while you reinstall everything so that's probably not the most advisable solution. I guess you could try closing all programs that you about, then go to the task manager and look for programs you don't recognize. Usually when I do a fresh install of Windows I take a screenshot of the task manager window so I know what's normal before other people screw things up.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Install linux. Linux is spyware immune. I thought you already had linux? Jerk for uninstalling it.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
Install linux. Linux is spyware immune. I thought you already had linux? Jerk for uninstalling it.

immune implys it is imposable for it to ever get it, that is not true. the trueth is that there just is far less virus and spy ware for linux, but it is still posable to get it if some one makes it. I think it whould be about the same difualy to get spy on your comp no matter what u use if there was the same number of spy ware for every os, b/c usely u get spy ware by clicking on somting or dling it witch whould still happen on any os.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah but all the spyware and viruses for Linux are open source so you can at least tweak it before you let the thing screw you over. Razz
gvc

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: Re: internet optimizer

SilverSprite wrote:
anyone heard of internet optimizer? sometimes it loads this page instead of the link i click.. its real weird.. i thought i removed it from my comp completely..

Download and install Ad Aware. It is free and it will clean up your spyware.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for internet based spyware...

Spybot search and destroy is better...

i had this almyghty search shit thingy... and ad aware and Spysweeper by webroot BOTH didn't get rid of... then i looked on google... and someone said to get spybot to remove it from ur comp...

so try all three

Ad-Aware

Spybot Search And Destroy

Spy Sweeper

u
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the guy who makes spybot is much more on the ball than the ad-aware crew; he updates it much more frequently. Also it picks up stuff that ad aware misses.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but ad-aware picks up stufff that spy sweeper misses... and also spybot..

so for best protection... run all 3!

they all have their s[peciallty

one is more internet based spyare *spybot

adaware is more program based spyare

and spy sweeper is more of a mix...

all three can do internet and programss , but some are better then others...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: