Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 York University Science Olymiad
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: York University Science Olymiad

Who is going? It's on May 14th.

I saw the website, there is a event with programming robots, and you pit them against each other at the olympiad. I think it's using a simplified version of Java.

If you see me there, I'll probably be in crowding the Biology corner.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

York univercity? That's really close Smile Tell me some more about it and I might come out and take a look at whats going on there. My school is too cheap to sponsour me to participate in anything cheap bastards are charging me $80 USD to write CS AP exam Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.science.yorku.ca/olympics/

explains it better then I could.

We are going to this one because the Great Lakes one got cancelled. The students were pissed that we couldn't skip a day of school Laughing . So lucky we got invited to go to this one.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, nice Smile who's comming from Massey?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, we are bringing 2 teams of 6 each, you probably only know me, that's about it. Bugz didn't tryout for this one. Oh, and Crono is coming, that's about all.

I think more people would have tried out if we knew that there was a programming event.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused where are you getting other 10 people from Laughing
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uuh tony.. I think its paying for AP exams is manditory. My school doesn't pay for it either Confused

Anywho, there was a "Science Olympics" at York University in February. I think that was only for GR 10 and GR 11 though.
My team did so horrible Sad
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

last time i tried out for a team, they cut me from it (after they told me i made the team)... made me waste time... so there is no way i am trying out in another science olympiad team!!! [---I take it back---]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
uuh tony.. I think its paying for AP exams is manditory. My school doesn't pay for it either Confused

'cept that we've got like 3 kids writing AP exams this year. I'm the only one in CS and two others in Bio...

and if you recall, its a private school... they're loaded with piles of money. And they wouldn't pay for my exam Rolling Eyes bastards
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh. didn't know it was a private school

bugz -> science rulz, go wipe that spit off with your face. Laughing
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[---I take it back---]
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i take whatever i said back... apparently they asked me to participate in it (without tryouts) I did it because they kicked John out in order to make a spot for me (he wasnt very happy Laughing )
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First.

The King
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: