Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is Windows a virus?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:01 am   Post subject: Is Windows a virus?

No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

* They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

* Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.

* Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.

* Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.

* Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences:Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

Therefore, Windows is not a virus.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

U r the 1337ness!

That was...[sigh]...beautiful.

Yes, I know, all talk from me and yet I still use M$Win...why? I'm too lazy to switch over to Mac/Penguins etc
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We all must conform. I agree with you on all points, but Windows is still the most user friendly to stupid people. I'm not sure about that verse Mac though.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

windows blows. I am disgusted
jonos

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, then OS-X swallows.
guruguru

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree whole-heartedly with Jonos Twisted Evil .
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: reply

hehe, did some one tried to compair win with mac? hehe, there's a video called "mac kills my inner child", it's so funny, you should watch it
jonos

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Would I be able to find it on the net? Or would I have to go on Kazaa or something...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Everyone, install linux! Not a stupid rpm distro though, go with debian! Or...if you're feeling like a challenge, give gentoo a shot.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

linux is fun! (gentoo is difficult Mad)
too bad they dont have pci dsl modem drivers (they dont seem to exist)
so im stuck on windows
jonos

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I can have Linux, but I have an onboard lan card so I can't have internet with it. I use Knoppix because I download too much but it kindof sucks because it's slow (because it's off a cd-rom) and I can't have the internet. I have slackware downloaded though and I like that, I just have to buy a new computer for it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... whoever said ms blows.... well.... ur using it aren't u??? then oviously its not that bad cuz otherwise u would switch..

hahahhah funny virus / non virus speech... me like... that was great....

the reason all those others suck.,... is like it was said.... the drives dont exist... thats rite... windows is the most compatible and user friendly peice of shit software Laughing..... its buggy... but so are all OS's.... so ... deal with it... u dont like MS.... then MAKE UR OWN !!! :finger: hahahahahah..... WAIT I GOT THAT EMOTION!!!!!!! dan wont upload it to compsci... but i can do it myself Razz
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. ehhehehheheh
Twisted Evil ehhehehehehhehhehehehhehehehehehehhe
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
yea... whoever said ms blows.... well.... ur using it aren't u??? then oviously its not that bad cuz otherwise u would switch..

No, there are many reasons not to switch. Some of them being:
- you share the computer with people who are too stupid to use Linux
- you started a project with Windows and due to limited time, you can't switch until it's done
There are lots more, but my point is that my main point is that I'd be on Linux if it weren't for the other people who use this computer (God, please get me a laptop). And yes, Microsoft really is that bad.

the_short1 wrote:
thats rite... windows is the most compatible and user friendly peice of shit software

Oh sorry, I fell on the floor laughing at that. Man, typing sure is slow when you have one hand on your forehead in the shape of an 'L'.

the_short1 wrote:
Laughing..... its buggy... but so are all OS's.... so ... deal with it... u dont like MS.... then MAKE UR OWN !!!

*sigh* That's the idea behind Linux.

the_short1 wrote:
hahahahahah..... WAIT I GOT THAT EMOTION!!!!!!! dan wont upload it to compsci... but i can do it myself

See, if I were using a Microsoft program (that is, IE) I'd be looking at your stupid pciture right now. Luckily, OS software saves the day again.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

os software???

firefox rips... i blocked lots of pics already... Smile

welll go ahead and laugh... laughing is good for u am im glad i got u to laugh ur ass off...

'thats rite... windows is the most compatible and user friendly peice of shit software' notice how i called it a peice of shit... cuz it is at times... well... lots of times.... but simple... if i had linux..,. i coulnd't run some of my cool progies.... also... i would be unable to posible install all my HD... so... that is why i said that.... ***also i sumed up what others had said about it bing user friend and compatibility... well.. w/e.,,.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If more things were made for Linux then it would be more widely used.

Linux does have some good things though. OpenOffice is just as good as Word, the games are awesome and better than windows games, it's got some cool eye things that follow your mouse, etc. I'm not sure what the command line has because I'm stupid and haven't explored that yet.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: