Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bits system
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: Bits system

Wiki - What Are Bits?
For a more detailed and...better explanation about the bit systetm, please visit the link above

What are bits?
Bits are like money in the real world, but here you simply can earn them by posting topics and replying. With these bits you may go to the Shop and under each category there are places where you can buy things for a certain amount of bits ( in the shop you can buy effects look here for more information. ).

You may give bits to a user if they have helped or if they posted something that you liked and etc by just simply clicking the 'DONATE' link in their profile (or on any place they posted a post).

For some more information on bits you may go here or here
BUT DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES TO THOSE THREADS.

I guess if you can't understand this then hmm well hmm you shouldn't be here muhaha jk.

Mazer wrote:
Bits are given out for pretty much everything you do. Make a topic and you'll get a bit, reply to another topic and you'll get two. Of course, you get no bits for posts in General Discussion or Spam. You'll also get bits from other users for making really cool programs and stuff. Conversely, you can give out bits to people who have made really cool programs. But don't make any topics like "Hey Mazer" and expect to give bits. You will die if you do.

jonos wrote:
... you can give bits to people in a contest too which happens sometimes. and there are also hidden areas of the site which if you click on a link to it, then you get bits, but there may not be any now... hmmmmm.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whould just like to add that you should not donate bits to mods, alougth i am shure they whould love you praze but mods bits are allways set to a consant number and it whould only be destorying your bits for no reason. Alougth if some one helps you out that is not a mod, it is allways nice to give them a few bits to show them u are thankfull for there help even if it is just the 1 or 2 bits you got for posting the question.

Also if you whont to see who gave you bits there is now a bit loging app for users to see what is going on with there bits, this is still in devlopent and is realy a compsci.ca v3 thing but u can test it out here:

http://www.compsci.ca/userfiles/myBits.php
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are u sure they're accurate? I don't remember octopi giving me 100 bits... Confused and Naoki took 4 bits from me?!? wtf... this brings me back to the time where A_S took 159 from me, which all the other mod +bits together wouldn't make that haha.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, lol. But it should be, this gose back a bit (alougth not to the start).

Also look closely at it, it is showing you bits you gave as well as bits you got. Also on the mod give bits side there can be negtive bits so look for the - sing some times.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness You -1000 Shocked
dan you should add the date they donated or did w/e to who ever's bits Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why the hell did Asian take 100 bits from me?
Viper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pplcan jus steal bits from you
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you do stupid things (spam, flame, etc) moderators will take away bits as necessary. So don't be a jerk, and you should be alright.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
axej

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is disagreeing with a mod considered stupid? Thinking
Andy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha no... unless the mod is a jerk like coutsos
axej

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was wondering because in the flaming thread, i got bits taken off for no aparrent reason
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
haha no... unless the mod is a jerk like coutsos

Not my fault. But I am working on it. Making some damn good progress, if I may say so!

axej wrote:
i was wondering because in the flaming thread, i got bits taken off for no aparrent reason

I was about to deny Dodge's accusations, but once I thought about it I rememberd having a series of bad days around a week ago. It's quite possible that I took some bits from you, so check here and see what's what. If I'm wrong, you might even get an apology now that things are going a bit more smoothly!

(Though if anything, it would've been more to do with your posting in old topics that got me the wrong way, as opposed to you disagreeing with me.)
BigBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Bits system

I am guessing the bit log is under construction or it has been moved because when I click the link it says "Not Found"
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Bits system

IIRC it got lost in the move to V3 and dan was going to eventually fix it.

Since it's still missing I guess he forgot Razz
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Bits system

well I think bits and their entirety are being removed in V4
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: