Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Full Metal Alchemist is no longer cool
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: Full Metal Alchemist is no longer cool

Why do I get the idea that this will be very bad?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't get it.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It'd prolly continue to be available even under liscence.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But still, if they translate it they'll crap it up. What are they gonna do to the intro music?! Crying or Very sad

Though I do find this funny...
narutofan.com wrote:

According to a recent poll published in Animage magazine, the Naruto series is in the top 20 favorite anime series. It is position number 10 to be exact, and only appeared once in six categories as opposed to Full Metal Alchemist (licensed by FUNimation at E3 Convention) that claimed top spot in each of the six categories: Favorite Anime Series, Favorite Episode, Favorite Male Character, Favorite Female Character, Favorite Theme Song, Favorite Seiyuu.

This is a Japanese magazine, and thus, it represents the Japanese people's opinion. Suprisingly Naruto is not as popular in Japan as it is in North America and abroad. In my opinion, it should be number 1!

The top 10 are as follows:
01. Full Metal Alchemist
02. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
03. Get Backers
04. Saiyuki Reload
05. Uchuu no Stellvia
06. Inuyasha
07. D.C. Da Capo
08. Prince of Tennis
09. Peace Maker Kurogane
10. Naruto

Suck on that naruto fans! Razz Razz Razz
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

meh, at least naruto isn't licensed
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you ever wonder why? Razz
Well, to be honest it's probably due to the fact that the characters almost constantly use language that sissies over hear would go nuts if their kids heard it. But still, I have to agree that FMA is better.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gotta love that "Prince of Tennis", which is the shiznit.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What language? All I saw on the subscripts were an occasional stupid, fool, shit, f**k.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's also asshole, bastard, bitch, mother-fucker, moron and so on. Now, many of these words don't seem like much, but if you watch the same anime here as the age group that naruto targets in Japan, they'd never say things like that. You're also faced with the problem of Sexy no jutsu, and they'd be screwed over once Jiraiya is introduced. What else? Oh yeah, the blood.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, and I thought no one liked gundam.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Another thing bets the dust due to the northarimains need to have everything in eng.

It is to bad, i have not seen this one but i know the fealing. They allways seem to find the worst posable poleop to do the voices and take out any good song or traslet till it is no loger a good one. Also you know there are porblems when the fansubs are better then the dub traslations....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Exactly. I think I might kill myself if my little cousin starts watching this. Because that's how you can be sure they've taken a good thing and pissed all over it to sell it in North America. The bastards.
naoki

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
yea, and I thought no one liked gundam.

Yes. Nobody likes Gundam. That's why there are alternate universes, movies, figures, OVA's, series and live action movies. Because nobody watches Gundam.

But seriously though, it's kinda funny looking at that chart and not seeing my personal fave, Trigun on there. Even more disheartening is that new anime POT (yes, funny hearing little kids say that and not mean grass), which is really about very pretty boys playing a very pretty sport.

And I seriously thought Bebop would be up there, as would Ghost in the Shell and EVA, considering their cult following and awesome animation
jonos

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bebop pwns all shiz.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't be stupid naoki, that was only for the anime series.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 5  [ 70 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: