Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Swiss Army Knife
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

250... WOA! thats a lot of scrolling in a program.... crazy if it was a pong or pacman... ....whoa...or graphics...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the only way I can see anyone using that much in a game is when you have a map like in starcraft when you scroll around.
Other then that such exorbant amounts of pixels would only be used in applications.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this is pretty kool but I think you need to group the options better because it is a very long confusing list of choices for what to convert. Other then that it looks good so far.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea.... the long list of choices approach is a bit more confusing and time consumming...but it will work...

This might remove lots of confusion:
code:

% Ask for starting unit of measurement...
% Ask for Amount of that unit
% Ask for New unit of Measurement...
if unit = cm and newunit = mm
        newamount = amount * 10
put newamount
.hack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, I've had way more then enough with you. You have an opinion great, you wanna speak it even better, You wanna give me a few hints as too how to make it better awesome, You want to sell off your program in a thread about my attempt, go fuck yourself before I bend you over and do it myself. Have some respect before you find yourself in a dead in a ditch.

I for one, find this extremely offensive, as I am just trying to program a neat program, and I get some rude obnoxious jerk jumping all over me about it, then trying to prove me as a lesser by flinging his around my thread, when he has 4 about his. If I had admin rights, you would be banned, purely because this degrading behavior will most likely only continue and poison the rest of this flourishing forum.

-----------------------------Anyways-----------------------------
I've halted production on this for the time being but plan on redoing it at a later date when I have a bit more working knowledge, I also feel I should work on the programs given at school before mine. I've also begun working on my end of the year project while offering a hand to Biohazardous Waste (he is in the same programming class). I'll updatre this thread when I have something worth mentioning.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why are you flaming all of a sudden. why don't you just private message whoever you are going after and save us from having to read that post which is directed to only one person.
.hack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The site went down agaom yesterday, when I was entering my post, I'll have to repost later tonight, with the answer to ur question.

Here is my late post. I stand by every word of it as well. I think person needs to be tought some manners.

-----------------------Post---------------------------
I don't see how this behavior is allowed here though really. I started here a few months ago, and said, hey guys I'm going to work on a swiss army knife type program. Immediately short1 started jumping all over me "You stole my program idea" blah blah blah, when that was farthest from the truth. The thought of me deriving any ideas from short1 makes me sick.

For some reason, he decided to unzip his pants and piss in my soup when I got this idea, being a student who was in turing class for 2 weeks, I thought this was managable, but without a word, he comes and starts hosing down my topic. Besides today I don't recall ever going around his topics and posting sarcastic remarks or rude comments, or accusing him of plagarism.

I feel his "apology" was very unsincere because, not a few posts later but, more slander and belittlement.

Here are a few nifty plays on words on his last post.

"Yea.... the long list of choices approach is a bit more confusing and time consumming.... i would personally not do it taht way... mind you my way is missing a couple i think..... but ill never know until more people download and try mine...(unit Converter)"

My Interpretation
wink wink, Hi everyone, I'll post everything here so more people think of downloading my program, even though they didn't the other 2 or 3 times I posted it, I'll try again. In someone elses thread.

"another thing is: Your topic is HOT due to name... Turing Swiss Army Knife..Funny realy.."

My Interpretation
This is again, where the insencerity erupts. Was this not supposed to be a support forum? Claiming that my topic makes my program look HOT and his funny (I'll assume he means in a pathetic sense) is again, far from the truth. The program is a swiss army knife, what more do you want from me, I was going to update it as I went along (in a single thread too, imagine that).

"well after 300 lines of code..
SIMPLE. BASIC, Efficient... www.members.shaw.ca/rfolz/unitconverter.zip
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?p=34029#34029"

My Interpretation
Damn, I suppose the 20$ I spent on an ad blocking program went to waste. It appears a telemarketer with an infomercial snuck into my thread. Nice advertising, another attempt at getting people to download your program? You won't become famous by creating a conversion program, so stop s[amming your program everywhere. Christ, you can Ask Jeeves for any conversion under the sun, what makes you so special?

See, I really hope you guys realize at least this. I came onto this forum with a mature and positive mindset, I only really harshly critisize or talk smack to people, when It is invoked. I don't think I have ever been rude in anyother threads other then this, and this due to someone that wants to be a mega popular "l337" programmer by hijacking my thread, good job, Bin.

And again, I didn't PM him this because, I wanted admins to hear it, and decide whether or not they want short1 around here (this isn't the first time I have seen Short1 advertising his junk either, I saw him linking to his site when someone made an installer in Turing.)

P.S: Short1, try to change ur posts as you might, I have taken screen shots of each of the posts that I find rude.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am sorry... Hacker Dan, you have my permission to remove 10 bits for being rude... ONLY DAN

I have removed Negative comments and Ad's to my programs... and i will more helpful.... i did not mean to be soo rude..

And correction: i have only posted my Unit converter once, but i have changed my topic name a couple times..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hope This program will be released as a .exe Swiss Army Knife Beta version 1 Soon so everyone can try it out....

school work first.... extra progs second...

mind you if your teacher is nice and u make a Kick@ss program, you might be able to hand it in at the end of the yera for bonus marks...
i did that with my pac man....( good thing too otherwise i would drop like 5 %)
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll do it for him
lol
-10 bits

jkjk
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i specified only hacker dan.... as other mods might do it also and dont post... then i might loose like 100 bits... that would be Evil or Very Mad

PS: Dodge do ya got any programs your building right now???
.hack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I apology accepted. I think the best thing we can do is forgive and forget. Everyone gets stressed out at times, even I do too. I apologize for some the harsher words I have spoken as well.

I hope we can mainstain a sense of support between us both, despite these past situations, I prefer to have friends more then enemies.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

PS: Dodge do ya got any programs your building right now???

waa? i have to start my tta soon with azn_s and i'm gonna make my own gb hack y do u ask?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just curious... i been asking others wut their up to....

whats GB hack?"?? and tta with Azn_sensation..???

i personally am working hard on FP for Contest...
naoki

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GB hack = a hack for some crappy online game called "Gunbound". Basically like Worms or that Tank Wars game on your Ti-83 but with items and the ability to play dress-up with your character. Dodge wants a hack because he wants to excel in this game.

TTA w/ Azn_S = Tetra Triad Advance (I think). Based on the mini-game in FF8 where you play cards on a game board and attempt to kill the other guy based on four power readings. Promising, but they're only in their card developing stage right now
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: