Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tech Tv Merger Causes 285 Layoffs
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: Tech Tv Merger Causes 285 Layoffs

Thats right , Comcast has fired 99% of the tech tv staff , including all the hosts EVERYONE

THis is the full article about the Comcast merger with techTv

This is teh real death of Tech Tv

http://news.com.com/2100-1026_3-5207821.html?tag=st.lh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OH OH, who could have prodicted this?

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4355

Any how, well all saw the end coming and now it has come. This expalins why they have been in reruns for the last 3 days. U know somting is realy realy realy wrong when tech live is not live Razz

Well it was good while it lasted, the sade thing is it will porbly be a very long time till another chanle is made that will ever live up to being as good as tech tv. And an even longer time for shows that good about gaming, computers and tech to ever come back.

Now lets have a monet of slince for the death of TechTv

May TechTv Rest In Peace
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Young~Money

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow...I loved most of the techtv shows. Unfortunatly I didn't get them, but they were still fun to watch when I went out. :'(
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man and just when I get digital cable too Sad the screen savers was a good show.. anyone ever see kevin's internet show the broken ?
Young~Money

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nope, but ya i loved screen savors
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you should check out thebroken.org then ... they've got a few episodes up, it's about hacking... the hacking with ramzi segments are awesome lol and in the third episode he actually has an interview with kevin mitnick
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well the broken will live on but techtv i think will not. it is realy tobad, they had some of the best shows around. kevin mitnick was on the screen savers a few times, funny when how he talks about how the U.S. put him in jail for like 4 years with out trial.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well, the next best channel is quite possibly the discovery civilization channel, so at least we still have that Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
s_climax

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong, nice signature. Grateful Dead - Hell in a Bucket, I presume.
You listen to any Phish?
jonos

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Broken doesn't even teach a lot about hacking. Even when they said they would show how to mod a console, they didn't really help you with it. Ramzi is awesome though, he can barely read.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah man climax Very Happy first one round here to show some respect to Gerry and the Dead 8)

yeah I listen to a bit of Phish

like they're just gonna post on the internet in video form info for newbie wanna be hackers how to hack jonos Rolling Eyes
s_climax

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice, nice.

Another great quote:

One man gathers what another man spills.
-Jerry Garcia (St. Stephen)
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Any one see TSS today? leo came on (i dont think he told any one he was going to tho, since all the poleop where prity shoked about it) and he was talking about how firday is the last call for help and they puled the plug on the show while he was talking. very odd....
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what's he trying to do? get people to help him get his job back?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, he was just saying good bye. And that he whould sing any fan stuff if poleop whonted. G4 was just being assholes and whould not let him say goodbye i think.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: