Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programming for that really old Nintendo...
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
omni

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: Programming for that really old Nintendo...

Anyone here knows how to program for NES and where to begin? (ya the first Nintendo that came out. )
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i whould start by looking up rom sites for NES emulaorts and tools for making roms. But if u are planing on geting this progame to the NES, it whould he very hard to find the hardware to do so b/c nintendo is a bit over protive of it and it whould be outof date by now.

But if u are intrested in the ninitendo GBA, there are tools (hardware and software) for making games for that and u can even buy the hardware to put the game on the GBA. The GBA is about = to the super NES, so i theroy u could play a NES systel game on it with some coding.

The last time i cheked the hard ware u need for the GBA stuff is about $200 and more for more GBA cartages witch u can get in dif sizes.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
omni

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dang $200. I'll just stick to playing the rom on my computer with an emulator..
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol if SNES=GBA then get snes, it takes less ram and runs faster.
(I mean the emulators.)
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it about = it, the GBA could be better. I know the GBA at least better then the SNES.

What i whould do is try making roms for the GBA emualter and if u ever make a realy realy realy good one then look in to the hardware.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Brightguy

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Programming for that really old Nintendo...

I hope you know some assembly...
http://plg.lrn.ru/console/svalka/nes/doc/NES101.html
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There are aucaly some higher level progames out there for helping u make roms, whould not be fun to make them all in asm.
omni

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya i know assembly language for the ti83plus.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: