Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fav type of music
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What type of music do you like?
(No ending time set)
Rap
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
R&B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rock (all)
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Hip-Hop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dance (trance, euro, beats)
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Country
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (anime)
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Amailer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: Fav type of music

Please vote for your fav type of music!
No need to reply, just vote. (IF you already gave me your vote... dan and tony.. don't vote! Very Happy)

*NOTE*
THE 'OTHER' only means like anime music, korean, jap, chinese or w/e.. no heavy metal, metal and etc..and if you don't like any type of music that is listed over there, please don't vote .. simple.

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't see me dissing rock do you? So........

<-----Snoop says: sizzle up your mizzle, fo shizzle.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YEYE rap all tha way
naoki

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Support your genre, but no dissing please. Everyone is entitled to what they think sounds pleasant (or groovetacular Laughing )

A good mix between house techno and j-rock
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rock is hawntess.

Please forewarn me next time you delete my posts. Please.
Randa

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with jonos, rap sucks.
Go rock.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... rap is an form of expression, whether some people think it sucks or not doesn't matter, there are always people who are going to like it. Confused
some people like making noises with computers and call it music Shocked
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You're right there Paulbian, the illest motherfucker in this hood.

Your mistake time:
*lol... rap is a form of expression,...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some people even voted for anime so dont be dissin rap
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no one better bring up the "Rap sucks, why? Because Rap rhymes with Crap." I am so sick and tired of that, almost more tired of then the "You need a brain to get brain freeze."

If Rap rhymes with Crap,
then Rock rhymes with um.....Schmok. Yeah, that's right, Schmok. That, and Johann Sebastian Bach.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Er... Asian, you're trying to say that rock "sucks" and all you could come up with is Schmok? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't want to say the other rhyme because it would overly excite some people here.

Anyways, whenever somebody asks me what type of music I listen to I tend to say "whatever's playing." Not that I always like whatever is playing. I tend to dislike rap but from to time I might get that 8-mile song stuck in my head. And I don't much care for classical music (ie, I won't look for Beethoven on kazaa), but if I'm in my friend's car and he has something like that playing I'll usually think it's good. Greek music tends to put me to sleep (especially when it's incredibly loud... that crazy bouzouki), but if I listen to some more modern Greek music I want to hear more. And Japanese music... my friend let me borrow a CD of his, and even though I have no idea what's going on I would easily classify it as some of the coolest shit I've ever heard.

My dad listens to some really crappy music sometimes, and he used to think the kind of music I listen to was just loud garbage (probably because I'm a teenager), and he thinks people who play music really loudly in their cars are just stupid. And yet, while driving home from school we rolled down the windows in the car, turned the volume on the CD player ALL THE WAY up and listened to the Legend of Zelda theme. Razz

So cool. What I'm trying to say is, everyone can like every type of music they want to like (even if some of those types of music are totally opposite) without any explanation. It's like the apple jacks concept.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What's the apple jacks concept?

I get the 8 Mile song stuck in my head all the time. It's not that I unconsciously like the song, its that the radio plays it way too many times in a single day for it to be considered non-healthy to not have it in your head the whole day.

Japanese drum music... now that is some crazy shit. Zelda music is awesome, especially the shitty midis Sad.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
What's the apple jacks concept?

Have you not seen an Apple Jacks commercial?
"Why do you like apple jacks when it doesn't even taste like apple?"
"We just do."
I usually can't explain why I like the things that I really like, so I don't bother trying.

jonos wrote:
I get the 8 Mile song stuck in my head all the time. It's not that I unconsciously like the song, its that the radio plays it way too many times in a single day for it to be considered non-healthy to not have it in your head the whole day.

I don't really like it either. It's one of those many songs that I don't really pay attention to the lyrics. I don't know what the song is about, and I don't really care; I just like the music.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Only 14 active members in compsci (who listen to music..and like 1 type..) come on. vote........... iv got rock and rap tied (counting some other vots over msn..) and anime in 3rd place Shocked ya..
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why no techno option in the poll?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 5  [ 66 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: