Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [source] Alert Window
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:20 pm   Post subject: [source] Alert Window

I don't think that GUI.Alert works Confused atleast I don't remember it working... ever Thinking

ether way, here's how to write your own alert window to display a message to the user. File Attached

alert.t
 Description:
alert window source code

Download
 Filename:  alert.t
 Filesize:  576 Bytes
 Downloaded:  404 Time(s)

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u really need this line?
code:

Window.SetActive (oldwinID) %go back to previous window

Oh btw, Im going to use this for a board game if its ok with u.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just don't forget to cite the code (just mention compsci.ca or something)

and you don't really need that line... but just in case multiple windows are already running Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't put compsci lol, cause my teacher is paranoid of compsci, like as if we're copying everything off compsci. Thats why I used my name for username see? Anyway, I cited u personally.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, if your teacher is paranoid of compsci, he should browse [Turing Source Code] section then Rolling Eyes

I mean when writing the essay in english, you're not expected to come up with eveyrthing yourself. In fact - you often have to cite multiple sources for the paper to look desent. And I feel that when working on a CS project, you should be allowed to research components of it as well (provided you cite code taken)
Delta

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I really disagree with you tony you should make all the code yourself .... instead of taking others coding... but whatever... suit yourselves.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u can just do this..

var alert : int := Window.Oen ("graphics: 300;300")
put "fatal error"
put "press any kley to contiunue..
loop
exit when hasch
end loop
Window.Close (alert)
Window.Select ("defWinID")

but ur way is cool cuz it uses a function...

so..... we should sign a petition to make holtsoft fix certain things or were going to kill their server... Smile and put in out own source codes and .tu s to fill in the gaps... then delete all stuff from tom west Wink Laughing Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delta wrote:
I really disagree with you tony you should make all the code yourself .... instead of taking others coding... but whatever... suit yourselves.

That is one of the dumest things i have ever hured. think about if poleop in the real world flowed that rule. in real progaming u allways use APIs and libarays made by other poleop, it just makes no sence to remake everything every time u make a simple app. If u realy falowed your rules to the fullests you whould have to progame everything in binnary code and make your own computer out of the rock you mineded out of your back yard. In the real world no game or software comapny is going to remake everything for there new game or w/e. they whould uses like openGl or dircet x to make there 3d stuff witch are libs made by other poleop and they whould probly uses APIs and libs from other poleop, comapnys and from the poleop that made the lang they are using.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and you thought I was crazy arguing with Delta all the time Laughing
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good speech there dan..

tony ??? since when u always arguing with delta...

my opinion... as long as everything is well documented in credits... **visible credits... then its all good....

but... this is source code so we shouldn't all be spamming in here Wink
beard0

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I liked the idea, so I meesed around with your code a bit to make it look nicer (it's done in GUI style). Here's my version:

alert.t
 Description:
GUI Alert window procedure

Download
 Filename:  alert.t
 Filesize:  1.15 KB
 Downloaded:  345 Time(s)

the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice.... lookz better the n the original...

Claping
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eew... I don't like GUI, my own buttons looks much better to me... they're colorful Razz
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nice Smile
'cept that if GUI module is used elsewhere in the program - using the quit button inside the procedure will result is the global shutdown of the GUI.

there're two solutions. Ether
code:

loop
 if GUI.ProcessEvent then
 end if
 if %button_has_been_pressed (a flag variable could be used) then
  exit
 end if
end loop

or reset the ProcessEvent function using this
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes TONY!!!! u use the

if GUI.ProcesssEvent then
end if

isntead of the looping way.!!!

its so much better... your the first person besides myself that ive saw acually do it that way... cool stuff Smile
stupid ppl that made turing ... the looping way put back me learning GUI for weeks... cuz it would freeze program until it acually came up with that...

yes i agree with u paul.... making ur OWN GUI buttons using multiple pictures / colors etc so it apears animated is much better.!!!

ok.... THANKS!!! u just gave me an idea.... ill make a turoial on how to make ur own animated GUI buttons!!!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: