Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Shorthair Is setting a world Record
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: Shorthair Is setting a world Record

My robotics team have made a submition to Guiness about seting a new world record ,
It will be done in August this summer , if sucessful there will be an annual event to try and beak it.

I dont want to give deatails but il tell you a little about it ( i dont want anyone beating me to doing it , so the main topic is secret )

We will be doing something withing the cn tower , somthing to do with hte stairs Very Happy Very Happy

Thats all i cna say for now , when i get our submission back il post the whole concept of what were doing ,

We will set a time record and a new record .

Just thought iid let y Very Happy know
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im guessing its a robot that would climb all the CN tower stairs. Either all the way up or all the way down, or both.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not much of a world recored if you need to keep it securte to be able to do it the best Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would like to petition against the existence of this thread.

This is needless spam and not recognized as valid General Discussion OR Spam because (using shorthair's definition) it does not concern computers or computer science in general. It concerns a robot that goes up stairs, and whether or not it has a computer on board, that computer is not an internet and user friencly capable computer and therefore together with this topic, does not fit the criteria of being General Discussion or Spam.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Who cares, its shorthair.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Who cares, he's a hypocrite.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

To put it bluntly no one cares
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Of course no one cares, but I can at least prove myself to be true in what I say.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i help you get stated in bl itz , ispam with you ,i become your friend , and you do this to me your , a real good guy jonos BUT YOUR WRONG IS COMPUTER SCIENCE. Luckily right after i posted , iwas given full clearence to set a determined date for the record ,so i can now release details

I will be the first person to geta robot to climb the cn tower , my rules are that it must touch every stair and must be artifically controled ( pre programmed) no human contact during the record ,it will be a first and a timed record , eachyear ( f sucessful ) we will have a contest and the winner takes claim to be the best

Have a good evning Compsci , my best regards ,

oh and jonos

-10 bits for spamming , and disrespecting the community ,no need for that

A word of advice , dont jump to conclusions JOnos , assumptions just make yourself look like an ass
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woot I was right.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hah, doesn't seem soo hard... I'll school you in a year Laughing

do you get sponsors or making this into some special event or anything? Thinking

Also, can I come watch your attemp and stick a "compsci.ca" flag onto the robot? or atleast a sticker?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well if al lgoes right , il represent Compsci , as all my team member have joined compsci , but thats up to my team ,right now we represent out school , We will adertise compsci ,as where we got our idea from and where we learned some stuff , and get some hype going for it , This yar were solo, but we hope that by doing it , we will get a sponsership , il invite you all out on the day we do it , so we cna meet each other , it would be an awsome day , finaly see who im flaming all year long Very Happy Very Happy
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd come if Im not too busy shopping it up in chinatown.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i need ot get down to toronto , and measure hte landing , stair height and distance , all theat stuff so we can build a set of replica stairs at school
Raugrist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

+10 bits to jonos.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: