Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] Printing In Turing Using a Network or USB Printer
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blindmelon_53

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:41 am   Post subject: [Tutorial] Printing In Turing Using a Network or USB Printer

This is what I used to print on my school network (The code is done by Hacker Dan but I discovered which location to print to). All I had to do to get the location of the printer using the File->Print command and it says there the network location of the printer (for me anyways). I just subbed that information into where you would normally put "LPT1" and voila.

code:

%%Network%%
var dataout :int %the var can have any name you want

open: dataout,"//school/room-printer", put % //school/room-printer

put:dataout, "TEXT TO PRINT" %string to print
close: dataout %close the connection to the printer

As for USB you have to right click on your printer and give it sharing rights. You then type //computerName/printerName where you would normally put "LPT1". As far as USB printing I have not had too much luck. My printer will turn on but will not print, I dont know if its just me or for every one so let me know.

code:

%%USB%%

open:dataout,"//computerName/printerName",put
put:dataout, "TEXT TO PRINT" %string to print
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey- thats great man!! IT works! Very Happy
Raugrist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Shouldn't this be in tutorials?
Blindmelon_53

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well either way if I was looking for HELP with printing in turing I would probably have looked in the HELP section, but suit your self.

BTW thanks flashkicks, did u use this for the USB or network?
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yaeh man- i only tried it for the netwerk. I shall give it a go on the USB tomorrow??..aiighty?... and then ill let you know who that goes.. Toodles
~Flashkicks
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well i tryed to uses this over my wifi network to send a measged to a usb printer on a nother computer and it did not work....

but the printer and network have tecnolgy that are kind of new so turing may need to chech up.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
beard0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This code allows you to print to any printer installed (user's choice). It pops up the normal dialogue with # of copies, print range, etc.
code:

open: dataout, "printer", put %yes, litterally the string "printer"
put:dataout, "STRING TO SEND TO PRINTER" %string to print
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is bad enough that you brought up 2 old topics Beard0, but to say the exact same thing, three times? Two in tutorials, and one in help . . Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony, in a PM to me, wrote:
hey,

could you repost that code sniplet about printing using Windows? it was an excellent addition to the tutorial, though unfortunatly that was lost in a site rollback.

Thx

Someone is likely to look only at one printing tutorial, not both. I didn't ask the question in help, someone else did. I'm not doing this to be an jerk, but to help other people.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I guess I didn't understand the circumstances, my bad Razz. I juss figured that you discovered something, and tried to put it in where ever you could. Trowing Tomato
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: