Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Winamp
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:26 pm   Post subject: Winamp

is there any channel out there called 'non-stop jap anime'? Very Happy i havne't seen any channels with anime on it only :S sad..

*also this topic was split from bonus anime w/e.. to winamp... and how it sucks.. or how it is the best :S!!!*
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That would be way cool. Maybe they have one on winamp... weren't you going to make one?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was going to but then i rembered that winamp sucks big time and chaged my mind Evil or Very Mad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't like winamp much either, but then I realized it's all I can use. I need a player that can be minimized to the tray without cluttering up the taskbar and the ability to change song, and volume and pause and stuff while keeping the program out of the way the whole time. I really like BSPlayer but they don't have hotkeys (or any plugins for hotkeys it seems) and the playlist support is crap. What do you use, Dan?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aucaly i made my own in java, but it dose not play divx well. so i uses divx palyer, or WMD most of the time.

i got a realy new comp and sound card so winamp dose not even run on my main mashine.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Raugrist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What's WMD?
Brightguy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Music Player

If you're looking for a decent music player try XMPlay:

http://www.un4seen.com/
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... **UR CRAZY!!!

have u tried WINAMP radio??? there are thousands of COOL shoutcast streams.... !!!!!!!

yea... global hotkeys ARE THE BEST!

winamp AVS also ROCKS...
plsu winamp can do VIDEOS... BURN and RIP CDS.... .. good playlist...
what more do u want>???

WMP SUCKS~ win media playa....
cuz... its SLOW takes too much time to load.... and is ANOYING>>!!!
plus no good radio Razz

when ur playing a game and winamp in the TASK bar....

being able to press CTRL+ALT + up and down buttons for volume is critical so u dont blow ur speakers....*** when u have it really loud...

also... WINAMP is good for school....
u can install without admin password to install (also u can just copy the folder from ur home comp cuz it dont need registry) ... then u can have it not to show on taskbar or tray... cuz then...
u can minimize winamp... plug in earphones... have it on random loop...

then the teachers ask... what are u listening to or... what program is that...... i say... NOTHIng... cuz they cant see it Razz (even when they CTRL+ALT+DEL it dont show... its only it processes Razz) (they dont like streaming music cuz it slows network) i was listening to MP3's but... still... they dont like programs...

so Razz

thats my rant for the day!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

WMP SUCKS~ win media playa....
cuz... its SLOW takes too much time to load.... and is ANOYING>>!!!
plus no good radio Razz

that may be so, but at least it can run on new tecongly as well as old tehcongly.

i got a new (2 moths old) alineware comp and winamp dose not suporte the sound card. it is not a crapy cound card ehter. also on some of my older computers (win 98 ~500mhz) winamp whould not even install.

so no matter how good it may be, it is worthless if it can not run.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My Windows Media Player won't even play X-MEN or Cowboy Bebop so I have to use VLC. Windows Media Player sucks!!!!!! Or at least it does on my computer.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you probly do not have the right codecs instaled. what format are the videos in?
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm.... pent1.... 120 MHz..... winamp 2 isntalled PERFECTLY.... winamp5... INSTALLED perfectly..
with AVS.. and much more...((sounded good)) WIN 98..

i have a
Anolog Devices 18/65xxx something like that soundcard.. have u heard of them.... (ITS OLD)!

so it was prob just UR system..

winamp works great.... as in new tech... hmm.... its alien ware... that shits too rare for winamp to care Razz rhymed....
windows Media player has money comming outa their A$$'s... so yea.. Razz
they can do that stuff...

as for newer comp... ive had winamp 2 and 5 on winnt, 2.3 GHZ systems at school... ACER... and they have good soundcards... ((also on their multimedia systems***sound mixing etc... and it worked...

Razz..... dont fight me on this...
i am a total Winamp FAN! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
or fanatic.. Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and i am totaly anti-winamp.

i could hostly make a better mp3/vid player then winamp in java and have basicly done it for uses with my FP in compsci class this year.

and i dont think alineware is that rare, may be the technogly is new but it is not that diffrent from any other computer system with new hardware. but it also dose not run on my other computers is avg hardware, may be i am just very unlucky. (but still when u are out done by M$ there is somtng wrong)
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have everything except winamp, the last time I saw winamp was 4 years ago, when it seemed a simple music playing program Laughing
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

From now on im anti-winamp also...that..............'thing' was pure evil today... just started going nuts, controling my volume and keeped turning the mic on/off IDK WHAT THE HELL HAPPNED
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: