Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [SOURCE]--System Shutdown
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jdworrow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:53 pm   Post subject: [SOURCE]--System Shutdown

code:

var ret: int
 system("shutdown -s -c message-here",ret)

Well this is pretty basic. Those of you who have seen the blaster virus this window for shutdown is exactly the same. Any ideas for modification or ideas are open for molding this into something great. But I however take no responsibility for any harm caused if you use this against someone else. Not harmful on its own.
Exclamation
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exactly how does this work??? 'system' i dont recall that being in turing list of commands... also... the way the optiosn are entered... taht dont look rite.... i dont know i have to go eat... ill test it later if u tell me how that works..
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a new feature in v4.0.5
code:

system ( command : string, var ret : int )

Turing Help File wrote:
The system statement is used to execute the shell (operating system) command, as if it were typed at the terminal. The return code is in ret.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really cool... i like... i like.....

Twisted Evil <<< evil thoughts brewing...

dam... i gota go thru that list on main page of all the new features... this is the second time ive missed out on cool stuff....

note: turing should have a section in help file that is: new to this version...

still have all the new commands in the Alpha list... but... also have them in taht new heading...

thanks tony.... this will come in VERY very HANDY!
jdworrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: Shutdown

I'm running 3.1 and the system command works excellent. Also you can replace shutdown and parameters for it with cmd and it opend command window depending on operating system. The shutdown command opens a little box and counts down from 30 seconds and then shuts down. There is however no way to stop the shutdown once commenced. Handy for sneaky or pranks. Somehow get it compiled and make it copy into auto run at startup and it'll repeat over and over and over. Would be funny.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Shutdown

jdworrow wrote:
There is however no way to stop the shutdown once commenced.

not true. You can reset your system clock back a year and it will take the counter a long time to reach 0 Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ReN3g@de

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

^^^^^
lol well i guess that could work but instead of doing that you could simply go to the Start Menu then Run then u type:
code:
shutdown -a

do this while the countdown to shutdown is occuring.

in turing do this:
code:
var ret:int
system("shutdown -a",ret)

thats it!!
jdworrow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: System Shutdown

Well, you can run the command and it works inside winoot. But when you generate the exe it opens the command prompt and always says "running system command". How do I get around this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i have that same problem as well.. Sad
jdworrow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: System Shutdown.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or rather does anyone know what code you would use if you were programming this in HTML? Also for those of you. "shutdown -f" is also very cool. It closes everything very fast and automatyically exits you to the login screen.
gamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

same problem Sad
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing has never complied well, it is probly not posable since u do not have much conotrl over how it dose compile.

as for HTML, it is not a progaming languge there for you could not run any comands in it. what i hope u mean is a javascripted enbeded in a HTML doc, alougth i am not shure if this whould work since most browsers try to limite the conorl webpages could have over your comp.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
.hack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe program looooks very interesting,

Dan, your typos never cease to amaze e hahaha
jdworrow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:51 am   Post subject: Immortality

Haha. So can anyone think of a small language that supports system commands more that I can use to compile so it runs the system command? Like would javascript work for system commands? If javascript works then I can embed javascript into HTMl and run it from the HTML file. That works for me. Otherwise, I think it is messed up the way WinOOT works. So do you get the same thing with the new version of Winoot as far as compiling. Like does the code work? Anyways lemme know.
lord_pwnerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can do many things with this command, look at my tutorial for batch files here ->http://compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=14296 for how to shutdown, restart, logoff using the batch file. It also integrates a few other parameters that wern't mentioined here. And of course, you're not limited to bath files, since you can just use the system command with Turing. [/url]
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: