Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 WOOT!!!! 2004 HITS!!!! in the year 2004!!!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:26 am   Post subject: WOOT!!!! 2004 HITS!!!! in the year 2004!!!

cool stuff... i thought i would share my joy with u all.... i finally exceeded the 2000 hits barrier on one of my sites... **all others have under 2k
ive had my SC site for like 2 years now... and i wanted to dl the SC patch for my new comp upstairs... so i visit my site... and BAM... 2004 hits... in the year 2004!!! what a coincidence,,.,,dontcha think?>?
anyways.... heres a screen shot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

note: u can visit my SC page here:
http://www.geocities.com/the_short37/index.html

PS: why hasn't compsci been working too well last 2 days ??
kept saying compsci cant be found.... Sad

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yuck. How did that happen?
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Raugaris .... . .. . .. ????? Confused Confused ??????
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm just saying it's a really... well, ugly design. The 2004 hits, I'm guessing, would have to have come from you telling people you know to go visit the site or you visiting the site yourself to see if you've had any more hits since the last time you checked.
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao, it's funny cuz it's true Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how are u conting hits at your site?

like every time some one gose there

it keeps track of ips so they have to be diffrent poleop

or page views?

uhsely hits is the 1st of the 3...
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeai made that 2 years ago in page builder... i dont know HTML....

err... i know design sucks...

if i want to see hits i go to geocities.com so i can also check where they came from .... i dont go to my own site...

yes.. i told lots of ppl to go to my site... but that was only 200-500 hits...

i have prob gone to my site like 50-75 times to download stuff... or to show someone....

but... i have that site in my signature... on my main page.... in my player profile in SC... in a bunch of maps on SC... ive mentioned it on SC chat...

but.... MOST hits are linked from GOOGLE!.... for maps and whatnot....
*** also... a bunch of other site indexing places have my site in it... **or my main page the_short22 <<links to sc Smile Razz

i though it was a conincidence i went there while it was 2004.. Razz

i will be making a good site with good desgin and aligned tables ETC some time within the next 2 months.... and it will be all the old sites combined... but better...***keep the old ones but have a link at the top of the page saying **visit the updated site here**... this way i dont need to redo google and other site stuff. Smile

geocities.com does the counter... it does it per page view...

YES THE SITE SUCKS (in design)! but it has good content that is needed for SC Smile

u want hits ??? ***HACKER DAN SHOULD DO THIS FOR COMPSCI TOO...
http://www.addpro.com FREE submissions to 20 search engines...
scrub the web... google... bunch of others....
then i also did another one that submited to like 50 sites **not popular ones... but.. they still bring in some hits... Smile

also since i have 6 sites... and each of them link to my main page and my main page links to every site... i get more traffic that way Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well over the last 5 months incuding this one compsci.ca has got:

5347502 hits

2360666 files sent

214748 page views

33418 vists

38913487 KBytes sent
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Most of them from people headed for the Spam section.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well.... Razz i dont have no 1500 uses Sad!!!!!

compsci is growing preetty fast....

dan... did u use addpro yet??? or something betterter????

addpro gives me tons of hits.... cuz for a month or so i was getting under 20 hits...

then i added my site with addpro... now i get a couple hundrd...
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Weee I have a nice design, but a design like his makes it more personal, and therefore has its upsides as well. But first site's design is going down the hell hole though Sad
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

dan... did u use addpro yet??? or something betterter????

i do not think so, but i am not the marketing mod, so i am not shure what was done to pormot the site other then the illieag stuff (opps should have to side that).

is addpro like a barner excange or is it one of thous porgames where u get payed for clikcs?
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Either way it sounds pretty evil to me. In my opinion, you can't get hits from just having a good website, that doesn't mean you should piss me off with ads.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no no no.... addpro at no banners... or anything..

www.addpro.com u tell them ur webadress and ur email..
they also ask for a site discription sometimes..

then.... they relay this information to 20 search engines and ask them to add ur site to that search engine...

u get some emails to confirm this.... then... VOILA!!! u get added to 20 search engines..

now u could go to each site and do this manually... but it takes LONGER... and it hard to find the rite links... addpro is faster...

rite now.... if u went to scrubtheweb.com and typed in compsci.ca u wouldn't find any results...

after addpro.... u will be in
google
scrubtheweb
18 others that i forget...

that i how i got more hits...
b4 i relyed on yahoo directory (default from geocities) and telling ppl..... i did addpro then i was in google and getting 20 + hits a day sometimes...

... no adds.... no popups...... no spam in inbox either.,.. that i know of...
addpro gets its money cuz u can pay to get ur site in 200+ search engines in under 24h..... Smile

good thing about my site.... LOTS OF CONTENT!!!

search for this under google:

'starcraft maps golems protect the guy'

without the quotes and i am on the FIRST page...
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

for the ppl who are curious... these are my site statistics pages (3) rest are uninportant...... ( there are like 10 pages...)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rfolz/Stats For My Page (3 Pics).zip
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

rite now.... if u went to scrubtheweb.com and typed in compsci.ca u wouldn't find any results...

*dan gose to scrubtheweb.com*
*dan types in compsci.ca*
*dan sees 1st relost as compsci.ca*

Eh
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: