Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 anybody know how to play hearts/spades/bridge???
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know how to play hearts and euchre... I wanted to learn bridge for a while.. it was pretty funny when my buddy and I went to a bridge club one night and it was all oldies there, which is pretty much what we were expecting, but it was still funny
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

delos -> in euchre and in 500 you've got trump and following suit and strategy like that (well, not euchre... in euchre you only get 5 cards, Rolling Eyes very little possibility. in 500 you get 10 cards, in bridge you get 13).
I know the basics of bridge, and I'm reading through a book that goes over the rules. So far the only confusing thing to me is doubling and redoubling.

If i bid 2 spades, then that means I've got a good spade hand. Then, defenders (other team) are the ones who bid to double it right? That would mean, if they do, that they (or one of them) has a good spade hand too? And then my partner can redouble, which means he TOO has a good spade hand (or probably lots of aces and runs of another suit). Is that right? defenders can bid to double, partner can bid to redouble? Also, if that happens, (i bid 2 spades, defender double, partner redoubles) who makes the contract? me or my partner? I think it's me, am i right? Confused

Anywho, I'll have you a game in a bit Smile
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

youre pretty much right cervantes
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

da_foz wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Euchre anyone?

You looking for an ass kicking Twisted Evil
I've played well over 5000 games of euchre, possible over 7000. I am at the point where there is nothing left to learn about the game, all I need is a partner which plays the same way and w00t.

yes no no (to the title question)

Heh you just try it. Ive bin playing euchre since i was 5. No joke, ill play ya some time.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

5000 games of euchre.... euchre gets boring way faster than that. how can you possibly play 5000 games?!?!??! that's insane.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My yahoo chess score so far:

rating 1298
games completed: 10
wins: 7
losses: 3
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go learn bridge paul. its fun Very Happy

I think i have another question. Can't remember it right now though.. :think:oh right! vulnerability. The book that I have explained it horribly! Can someone plz explain when you are vulnerable and when you aren't vulnerable?

thx 8)
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vulnerablility just changes the scoring a bit... vulnerability is assigned to a team that has just one a game and the other team is not vulnerable. when your vulnerable and you make whatever you bid then you get more points and if you dont make, then your opponents get extra points... i forgot exacly how the scoring changes but check this link, it has all the scoring for rubber style bridge:

http://ca.games.yahoo.com/games/rules/bridge/bridgeendgame2.html

all the rules are there too....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a full rubber is best 2 out of 3 games right? so a team is vulnerable if they have won one game already? in other words, they are vulnerable if they can win the rubber next game?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in yahoo games, is there a buddy system at all? my acct on yahoo is soyreaper
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: