Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mail server.
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:04 pm   Post subject: Mail server.

HELP ME.
Who uses Bell Sympatico? do they allow users to host their own mail server? BECUASE i got a friend who's got rogers, and we'r using the same mail server-- his works perfectly (send/recieve)-- but mine doesn't work!
Only internally!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does it have anything to do with networking or firewalls? maybe thats the case. The same thing happens to my ftp server if I didn't reconfigure my router.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope, i checked it.
Everything is FINE the diagnostics say everything is PERFECT.

If i put the outgoing mail server as smtp1.sympatico.ca i can send mails.
If i put he incoming mail server as pop6.sympatico.ca i can't recieve..both ways, with or without.

Now i don't know if this has anything to do with zonealarm.. but the router is all fixed it works perefectly... is there soemthing i have to do with zonealarm so ti allows it to recieve and send emails???? ANYONE PLEASE HELP
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try turning off zonealram and trying it, if it works then it is the firewall eltes, it is somting messed up with sympactio or your webserver or the addres u using.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope, not zonelabs :S anyone...help...*dies*
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... wen u shut down zonealarm make sure u get the True vector secuirity agent too eh?!.....

anways.... why dont u phone them and get the to help??? im shure they could do a better job..... unless BELL sucks for tech support.....

iu have shaw and theyve helped me with all my problems... maybe expensive for tier 3 cable plus fast internet... but.... works good...

their phone service takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 hours ..... :sigh:
**but u get to talk to ppl not machines Wink Razz
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: