Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Keypad+encoder source code
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RubenHP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:46 am   Post subject: Keypad+encoder source code

Hi

I am new at C programming so bare with me. Can you please give me the code for writing a program using a 4x3 keypad with a 74c922 encoder chip in C? I know that when your DA pin is set high, it tells the program that data is available, but how do you wright the code to go fetch the data? Can you help me, I'm really struggling. When the DA pin goes high it must trigger an external interrupt(INT0) and then detect which key was pressed according the encoder chip. Question

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards and Thanx,
Ruben
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow Shocked

well first of all, it should have gone into [C & C++ Help], not [tutorials]...

but anyways, it umm... seems kinda advanced to me Confused sorry

also just wondering... are you really a Technician working for HP?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
RubenHP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:39 am   Post subject: Keypad+encoder source code

hi

No, It is my initials!

I'm using Keil uVision2, for programming. I'm using it to wright the program and then generating the hex files to put on a 27C256 eprom connected to a Intel 8051 Microcontroller. Which is connected to a 4x3 keypad and LCD, with the 74C922 encoder connected to the keypad and the encoder connected to the data bus of the microcontroller. I'm also using a 3-to-8 line decoder chip(74HC138) connected to all the IC's and to the data bus of the microcontroller. Can you help?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing I'm sorry to tell you - but at this point a vast majority of members are still in highschool and most don't even know C/C++ Confused I'm just finishing grade 12 (and they wouldn't even teach me CS in the school Sad )
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: