Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 :Crazy Pong:
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Newfder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: :Crazy Pong:

here is my "crazy pong" the conrtolls are as follows:
player 1
arrows

player 2
up: i
down: k
left: j
right: l

player 3
up: q
down: z
left: a
right: s

player 4 (num pad)
up: 9
down: 3
left: 5
right: 6

4 Player Pong.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  4 Player Pong.t
 Filesize:  8.16 KB
 Downloaded:  446 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u should use input.keydown instead of getch since u can cheat by pressing down two of ur buttons and then nobody else can move
gamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u need ta use view.update or else the players flash alot
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good idea though, I was just thinking of making one the other day Razz , stop the flashing and it would be better, my resolution also screws it up.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

y'kno dodge you can still jam the keyboard with input.keydown.. keyboards, excluding shift, ctrl, and alt, can only handle 3 sometimes 4 totally max of 5 keys at one time. mine can do 4 i think.
valor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good idea but needs work, are you supposed to be able to move up down forward and backward with the same person?
Newfder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, you are supposed to be able to move anywhere
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good effort, and better than anything else ive seen in our class so far. I think it would be cool if you made it playable over the internet, with 1/2 people at each terminal, and this would also reduce crowding around the keyboard. Perhaps one player could use the mouse to the same end as well.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
WhatAmIDoing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya it is a good idea I had 4 ppl playing on keyboard in class till we got kicked out so good job
gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok i heard from a friend of mine saying that turing doesnt allow two button being pressed at the sametime, somethine about no buffering.....example, if 2 people playin pong with the same keyboard (one on left one on right side), let say the right player hit the ball but then he holds down a key, then the left player wont be able to move the paddle with the keys.....is this true?? or is this only for older version of turing? how to fix it?
Newfder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no its not true. you can however do something like that IF you are using getch, to fix it use Input.KeyDown
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: