Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 First ever program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
noobprogrammer123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: First ever program

This is my first program i have ever made!

slots.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  slots.t
 Filesize:  1.71 KB
 Downloaded:  283 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah...double post!

Mods are not going to like that...

Anyway. I like your programme. It's a good job for a first try. Your input works smoothly...unlike most people who just use a straight 'get' command, you've gone through the trouble of error trapping it.
One thing...if someone forgets to turn of CAPS lock, your prog won't recognize a 'y' or 'n'...in this case 'Y' or 'N'. Details...details.

Once you get a bit more into it all, you'll learn to make it a bit more advanced, instead of relying on randomization, you'll be able to make a more realistic one that relies on the different speeds of each spool.

Good job though.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whats the chance of winning it? and by winning i mean getting all 3 numbers the same. 1 in 36? doesn't matter what the first number is, second number theres a 1 in 6 chance of getting the same number, and third number theres a 1 in 6 chance of getting that number again..

anyways, I got a 5-5-5 quickly, but then lost it all by hitting y over and over and never winning Sad
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
delay(8000)

Confused don't do that...
I though that the program was waiting for any key to continue (as nothing happened for 8 seconds) and when delay was finally over, I had enough input in the buffer to end the game Laughing

preaty good for the first game though +15Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: