Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d Animation
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:45 pm   Post subject: 3d Animation

Can anyone recomend a good program for drawing/animating 3d objects???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You know damn right I can. I take it you've never done any (or not much) 3D graphics? This is good. Go learn Blender and don't give up. It's freaking good.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

when I click opn the link (or type in the address) it says this page can not be displayed.

and yes I have never done any 3d b4.
gamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

link works for me, great site btw
josh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx the libnk works now. what version should I get (do I need the features that are missing in the newversion, the realtime engine???)
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just get the latest version. The realtime engine was just a joke, it ran with about the same speed as turing and they only made it to get new people interested in the program. Don't forget to read lots of tutorials, and NEVER give up if you are really interested in 3D.
josh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can you recomend any places with really good tutorials on how to use this software.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I get an error in a MS dos prompt when I open the program it says:
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
sys_init: warning - no site dirs added from site module.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rhysticlight wrote:
can you recomend any places with really good tutorials on how to use this software.

Oh geez, I haven't looked at tutorials for a while. Try blender3d.com, I think they have some links. Also, check out Elysiun which has some tutorials as well as a huge forum (check one of the help sections for a thread full of tutorial links).

Paul Bian wrote:
I get an error in a MS dos prompt when I open the program it says:
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
sys_init: warning - no site dirs added from site module.

That's not an error, that's the blender console for feedback and stuff from renders and scripts that you might run. That message is pretty common for the windows version, everybody has it I think, and it's quite normal. Really, nothing to bother about.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also try Rhino , its the turing of 3d graphics , ye rtit can compete with the big boys pretty well , its only drawback are not being able to animate and make bones , i work completly in rhino then export into 3ds max to do the animation , its better to draw in the really easy program and only work in the difficult one when you need to , unles you really want to get deep into 3d animation , but as you said your just begining , but go with what you feel is right ,
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah, is Rhino easier than blender? as Turing compared to other languages, cause I have no idea how to start blender, and Im too lazy to look at tutorials, I'll prolly look anyway though.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Excuse me as I lapse into leet-speak for a moment:
OMG j00 no0bz0r wtf?
To start blender: double click on the Blender shortcut. Tada. If you're too lazy to read a tutorial just give up on 3D graphics, computing, and maybe even life in general.

"It is done."
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how come no one reomcend 3dmax? is it bcuses it cost like $4000 Razz

u can get a free 30 day demo of it from them and i think it is the best u can get (bisides tht bledner thing).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... i dl blender and tried it a while back..... lookz good.... but i tink my comp would lock when it comes to animate...

ill take a look at that site that was posted for tutorials... that was main reason i uninstalled.... i couldn;t do jack shi.t .... i drew a couple spheres... but coloring them was a differnet issue.. Wink Laughing ill try at the 3d thing again when i have more time and patience...
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't Forget LightWave .... its a solid program ... and easy to learn the basics ... but still gives you alot new stuff to learn and create.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: