Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Derek's Philosophy
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Agree?
(No ending time set)
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Sorta
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Did you really say live long and prosperous???
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually, if Iraq was the US friend and US invaded Iraq. It would be the equivilant of a guy had a bone stuck in his throat (in this case saddam) and a friend "helps" by sticking his arm down the guy's throat to get the bone. the arm also has a metal studded armband.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's a good analogy, but the situation is more complicated than that.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

morrowind is awesome!!!! something we can agree on. i just restarted cause my friend told me where to find this good orcish armour for free. what clasa and race and sign are you:

im breton, sorcerer, born under argonaut. im only really doing the mage quests now but i think i should get into the blades and then join another guild soon. this is a ll my friend and i talk about in math.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what? you have to pay for it??? I guess I'll just stick with RS2
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haven't played it yet, but it sounds good..maybe you could mail me a burned version...and a new computer too... (PII 355Mhz :p)

And no, you don't hafta pay...Where would you get that idea? The orcish armor is a game item.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would email you a burnt copy, but im sure that it would not work on your computer. if you ever get a new one i will send one though, just ask me. i have to send a hd to short so i better goa dn check the prices on that.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, but remember what this thread is about, further discussion should go in a diff thread if you wanna discuss...or PM me.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Continued from Templest's thread.. Context is that the world would be better without idiot's who put down the less-physically-well-endowed.

Yeah, the world would be better without idiots like that. But beauty is mother nature's way of ensuring that the "strongest" reproduce. While nowadays, beauty doesn't always entail stronger genes, that's where it came from. Basically, if beauty never existed, we might not exist to be like we are today. But since it did exist, it carried over, so that now people with the luxury of abundant food and shelter can reproduce at will. Minus the pressure, people are out of how nature intended them to be.

Now that we have abundant food, anyone with money can buy it. Same goes for shelter. Now, all we need to do is get money and reproduce, which even the lowliest slobs in our society can do. Therefore, the weak slobs can reproduce too.

But in populations of wildlife where the prey outweigh the predators, or vice versa, entire populations die out; the prey eat all the plants, and starve, or the predators eat all the prey, and starve. With humans, we are at the top of the food chain; the only thing that kills us is disease and ourselves mostly. But now, we are inventing cures for diseases. I've always thought that disease was nature's way of keeping us down. So I think we're going the way of the situation I described above.

Now if we had never developed into a society like this, I think we would have been better off.

Also, I believe things like compassion and other emotions generally accepted as "human" emotions are perhaps just another habit that we have acquired. Just like smoking is now accepted, when before it may not have been common or accepted, compassion might have come the same way. Perhaps the compassionate homo sapiens lived to reproduce, and in such large numbers that now the majority of the human race has such feelings. Only a few, like the psychopaths, have active "apathy genes" that are recessive in everyone else. Maybe the world would be better off if we had a better balance of apathy and compassion genes.

Disease and apathy I think are the two things mother nature designed to keep the human population down; if we can fight things that kill us, and the thing that makes us kill each other, then we can reproduce without bound, eventually outstripping the resources and imploding upon ourselves.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 5  [ 68 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: