Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GUI Paint!!!! Must Try!!!!! 2nd Best Ever Made In Turing!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: GUI Paint!!!! Must Try!!!!! 2nd Best Ever Made In Turing!!!!

UPDATE: Added 3 more features, plus better clicking method
Also... ability to cancel open of file (in case u dont have the path)

EDIT: changed title to reflect now that i have seen the best paint program: Pic2Code.... but mine still rocks.. for simplicity...

THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN MOST OTHER PAINTBRUSH PROGS!
its similiar to the one in startmenu / acessories... but 10 times better

Select One Of 255 Colors At Bottom Of Screen, Click On The GUI Button For The Mode You Want, Then Click Either Once Or Twice For That Mode

BoxBrush
Dot
DrawText
DotColor
Oval
FillOval
PaintCan

Above Require Only One Click

All The Rest Require 2 (Lower Left Corner And Upper Right Corner)

Total List Of Features: (The GUI Buttons)

Load
Save
Dot
BoxBrush
DotColor
DrawText
Oval
FillOval
MapleLeaf
FillMapleLeaf
Line
ThickLine
Clear
PaintCan
Exit
Star
FillStar
Box
FillBox

I only have room for one more... then i mite add the co-ords of the mouse.... (if i have enuf space left over... )

any comments / suggestions are very welcome... this is still kinda a work in progress..... (i still have room for button...)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rfolz/kevins_paint.zip (Under 400 KB) Smile

ENJOY!

-kevin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Not all that bad. How about you implement a 'trace' effect, so that one knows where the box to be draw is/will be.

I.e., when you click on your desktop and drag, you see a dottet box...recreate something like that for your proggie and it will look great.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is defialy better then the avg paint progame made in turing alought i whould not go as fare as best. (i have seen many a paint progame and i whould say it is 2nd best) I dont know if it is just my computer or not but it got a litte buggy when i tyred to do some things with the drawing of text.

also if u made it easer to chage the size of things like how it is done in paint it whould be funner. also stoming that whould let u mix your own colors whould be cool.

but overall it is a nice app.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
Not all that bad. How about you implement a 'trace' effect, so that one knows where the box to be draw is/will be.

I.e., when you click on your desktop and drag, you see a dottet box...recreate something like that for your proggie and it will look great.

Yea I've tried that, its sorta difficult, cause when u trace, the trace will erase anything you've drawn before thats in its path, so theres prolly someway to make it so that everytime u draw something new, the old overall picture is saved, then the trace won't erase anything.
Nice program Short, nother suggestion is to use the mouse to draw the oval instead of entering numbers, but I have no idea how that works.
Also maybe u can change the icon pointer, like when u draw a box, you have a mouse pointer, and a little box following it.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

to get the drag yet no erase effect, you have to save the screen as a picture using Pic.New, and then draw the line or whatever, then View.Update it. So you won't get the line you draw to erase whatever is in the background.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

witch is the basick idea behind sprites in turing. also if u keep on taking pic of the screen you could make an undo buttion witch whould be cool.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow.... thanks for all the comments...

i will add a UNDO button... hopefully it wont make it slow Sad ...... i though about using the mouse for the width of ovals..... but this way its more acurate...... i notcied a glitch tho.... i have all the text promps to far to the left and it is erasing part of my title....

i willl also add coords rite under the UNDO button...

i cant change the cursor in turing.... and having a picture trail it woul make the same problems as the outline...

now that i have it so it draws as soon as u have 2 points defined its not so big a deal where .,.... (b4 u had to right click to draw the object after clicked twice...)

anyways..... about mixing the colors..... their is NO other colors u can use unless i am mistaken.......cuz all the colors ever availble are the 255 at the bottom.... so mixing ur own colors is useless cuz that color is already made...

bottom right wehre it says ur color... it also says the mode.... so u know what one ur on...

isntead of drawing an outline of where shape will be..

i will draw a 1x1 pixel filledoval at the start point, so u know where u first clicked...

2nd best hacker dan?? WOW!!!! THANKS!!!!!
i haven;t been around as long as u .... so i havn;t seen em all.... plus.... the other couple i saw sucked real bad cuz they used CO-ords instead of GUI....

AHHH!!!! forgot a couple of things..

Arc and FillArc

ERRRR!!!!!! and i have no room for it.. Sad
unless i made my colors boxes smaller or made it go higher and not to the edge... then i could add one or two more... Sad

Questions (Please Help Me Answer)
1:Should I Find A Way Of Adding Arc and FillArc Buttons ? ? ?? ? ?
2: Should I Import My Virtual Keyboard and have it run isntead of typing size of line and file name etc...???

search under source code for the keyboard deall..... its prety cool..
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

remeber this one?
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3009
I like this one better than urs short, but urs is really good. This one has animation and a really nice interface.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bug: one must type "cancle" if you don't want to open a file?

aren't you supposed to cancel a process? not "cancle" it?

Good work, I tried making one wil lots and lots of GUI... got bored about 3 minutes into it though. :p Bits+ to at least give some reward for wasted time.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks Templest.... ill fix my spelling..

HOLY FRICKING CRAP!!!!!!!! .... i never tried pic to code.... didn;t know it was a paint prog.... i though it transfered pictures into coding...

i didn;lt know it also let u draw them,.... DAM!!!!.... then.... saves it as .t

i will change title to second best...

thanks PAUL!!! his program is SOO FRICKING awsome and usefull.... i will be keeping that and using for many many things to come...
corriep

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:10 pm   Post subject: Re: GUI Paint!!!! Must Try!!!!! 2nd Best Ever Made In Turing!!!!

Its perdy good, I like mine better though ..

[/shameless self advertising]
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 pm   Post subject: RE:GUI Paint!!!! Must Try!!!!! 2nd Best Ever Made In Turing!!!!

Um... wow. 4 1/2 years old and going strong? I don't think so.

This thread is locked
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: