Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Starcraft Map Remake: Jail Break (kinda) Turing STYLE!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: Starcraft Map Remake: Jail Break (kinda) Turing STYLE!!!

hey all... another starcraft map remake... this one here..... u are a zergling..... the enemy are terran marines...
the object.... to reach the yellow square without dying...

each time the marine shoots at you (if ur in his range <<<math.distance is cool!!! yes tony... i like it too now.!!!>>>>) u loose 5 health... u only have 100 health.... and every level adds 5 more rines....

enjoy..... also please post any comments / suggestions... they are very welcome...

WARNING: i made this late one nite... in under 1 hour,..

jailbreak.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  jailbreak.zip
 Filesize:  19.81 KB
 Downloaded:  498 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ewww! Processes!

Come on short1. You can do better than that! No, done in an hour does not excuse it.

Setup your enemies as records.
Run a loop for the main prog. Each loop, check the position of your main character. If it is close to an enemy (Math.Distance), shoot away.

You may want to add some form of lag before the enemy can shoot again...or if there is one increase it a bit. Otherwise, it is practically impossible (on a fast computer, mayhaps).
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i shoulda thought of that.... also... i found a glitch.... so i will re-update...

so i used processes... ill stick to the under an hour deal...
i am using math.distance for shooting...
will increase that delay... since i have a slow computer....

and put a cooldown rate for gun...

i kinda drifted away from making my zergling animations... and i thought it was cool...

did u read my code??? im using array for xy positions of enemy...
why bother with records?

anyways..... have you seen the puzzle launcher i made for Cervantes...
well.... im making one for a ton of SC maps i plan to make... so... im not going to spend much time making the coding great... just making the game fun....

Notice how ive made 3 SC map remakes so far... Smile
i need to make like 7 more.... and ..... i rather work on my paintbrush program...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: