Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Any kind of software like this?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tinhnho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:48 pm   Post subject: Any kind of software like this?

which can convert from .exe file back to the code(c++ ,or c,java..) ?,not exactly but at least it works,thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4117

simple awser is no for c/c++ yes for java class files and jar files that are not encripted.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's called a 'decompiler' and there're tons available for java.

C++ there're some, but they're messy, since all compilers are a bit different.

don't even ask for turing, it's not possible Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
tinhnho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

any specify name for java or c++ ,admin?thanks
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course it's possible to decompile turing, but unfortunately there are only a handful of decent turing programmers in this world.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well anything is posable but, it whould not decomple to truing code. it whould decomdie to asmebely comands or maybe c++ like code. also the code whould not be very useable.

i have yet to find a c++ deomopier that works, this is probly for a few reasons. mainly that it whould have to be diffrent for every compiler and every verson of copipler ever made. also there is no easy way to tell if an exe was made in C++, C or somting eltes. Not to even metion that all thous libary files that can be sligthy diffrent whould make a mess of things.

but java classes are easy, the progame i use is called DJ Java Decompiler 3.5.

if any one dose find one that works for c++ or c let me know b/c i whont to know if it can be done effectivly.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good ting there is no viable turing decompiler..... cuz then i woulldt let other ppl download my progs Smile .....

i think they really messed up on c , c++ how they always different... it would be better if they all the same..
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
it's called a 'decompiler' and there're tons available for java.

C++ there're some, but they're messy, since all compilers are a bit different.

don't even ask for turing, it's not possible Laughing

I made two compilations of the same turing program in an attempt to study the differences and they turn out to be very different.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have done some expeirments with this as well
the actual turing "code" is a only a few kbs and looks something like this (in binary form) for a very very simple program. The rest seems to be common for all turing progs.

turing.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  turing.txt
 Filesize:  251 Bytes
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now... if someone made a decompiler for turing... that was made in turing..... that would be HILARIOUS!!! and wicked.....!!!!!.... dont think it can be done...

then again.... for a more complicated program.... its like 100 KB Wink

anyways..... yea... most of it is just the backround files (all those units) that they add when compiling...... u mite not need all of them... but prob too much work to see which ones were used...

yea.... every turing program is ALWAYS over like 700 Kb.... ... kinda sucks compared to VB (spencers CD prog that is under 50 KB (belive thats what it is..)... Sad)
Raugrist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
yea.... every turing program is ALWAYS over like 700 Kb....

So how'd I make a program in Turing that was 669KB?
Yes, turing includes everything regardless of whether or not you plan on using it in the program. The reason for this is that if you do want to use it, you don't need to find out which file to find it in and include it. It's a kind of safeguard for people who don't know what they're doing.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no no no.... dont make it so you include the files... that would suck Sad...

have turing AUTO load any files that it acually needs by scanning ur program...

ahh.... 699... either way... close enough...
typesafe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan @ Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:52 am wrote:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4117

simple awser is no for c/c++ yes for java class files and jar files that are not encripted.

Not sure what you mean here by encrypted. Jar and class files can be decompiled easily for example using Online Java Decompiler.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: