Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Can anyone make a pinball type ball for my game?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: Can anyone make a pinball type ball for my game?

i am making a Pinball game in turing and it is going to be sweet. my only problem is i dont know how to make the ball Confused me and the_short1 are making this and neither of us knows how to make that damn ball. so if someone could make us a good pinball ball we would probably give bits.
thanks for the help.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

drawfilloval
lol just joking, maybe you should give more specifics, whatever it is, Im sure it involves oval collision detection. Also real gravity.
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

like this???

code:

const clrs := 100
var clr : array 1 .. clrs of int
for i : 1 .. clrs
    clr (i) := RGB.AddColor (i / clrs, i / clrs, i / clrs)
end for
const ballRadius := 8
const contrast := 150
const lightness := 20
for i : 1 .. ballRadius
    drawfilloval (maxx div 2, maxy div 2, ballRadius - i, ballRadius - i, clr (floor (sin (i / 20) * contrast + lightness)))
end for

make sure you dont over do it with the contrast or lightness, the range of colors isnt that great so you might get an error

-zylum
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes that ball would look good in the game. but it has to have real gravity, and a nice bouncing effect. Razz
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you could make that ball do that the_short1 and i would probably give bits. it has to be good though 8)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf did you see zylums post here:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4428
?
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm yes i saw that and it is nice. but answer this question do you think that would make a very good ball in pinball??

Why doesnt my damn avatar work??
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just make it less bouncy and not leave a trail, should be easy for him to adjust the code and make the ball smaller.
refresh to see your avatar, find a better host, the avatar works 1/3 of the time
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok this ball would be kick ass for pinball
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3611&highlight=bounce
just gotta make it so it doesnt react when you click on it Razz
and my avatar doesnt show when i refresh Confused
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how about i just make the whole game for you for 10000 bits?
valor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm...lol have you noticed how many bits i have?lol
all i need is a ball, i want to make the rest on my own. i've already started it. i just dont know how to make a ball with gravity affecting it Confused
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, if ou dont know how to do something as simple as add gravity to the ball then i doubt you can make a pinball game... theres so much math involved such as ball-line collision detection, collisoin reaction depending one the angle of the wall, flipper movement and collision detection and reaction with the flippers, elasticity on some of the bumpers... in other words, i think you should stick with something a little bit easier untill oyu improve...

-zylum
valor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused hmm i think you proved your point zylum Razz now that i think about it pinball would be pretty hard to make. Surprised i think i will try making a different game lol
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: