Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] whatdotcolor
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xmen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wut if i do whatdotcolour for the 4 corners of the small happy faces?? i think that'll work with much less work too dont u think
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

doing whatdotcolour on the 4 corners of the happyfaces is what's giving you the trouble isn't it?
trust me, for circles, you want Math.Distance.
Walker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wuld is be possible using Math.Distacne + slop to check the pixel color of every pixle on the line between 2 points? Im trying to do something like this for my project.
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could. but that isnt a questio nof can whatdotcolour do it, its how you would get the points on the line
(whatdotcolour ALWAYS WORKS! It works for EVERYTHING! *sucks up to dodge*)
Walker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

By possible i ment will it lag the prgram up reeeeealy badly
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for whatdotcolor circle colission detection, what you do is you add on the value, then u run through all the circumference of ur circle, and check if its a color other than your original if isnt then subtract back the vaule
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how would you check thru the circumference of the circle??
waaa no one wants to explain to me.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use the equation of the circle x^2+y^2=r^2
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't really get that, is that pythagorean or something? can u gimme an example like just something to check all the points on the circumference of the circle.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is pythagorean kinda, if you think about it. Draw a circle on the origin. Now pick a point on the circumference and draw one line to the x-axis and another to the center of the circle. You know have a right triangle.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
I don't really get that, is that pythagorean or something? can u gimme an example like just something to check all the points on the circumference of the circle.

what grade are you in?
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

grade 10, I know pythagorean but I dunno how to use it in Turing.
Delta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you know it then you should be able to use it right? Cuz knowing it implies that you can use it right? the equations are pretty much exactly the same inside and outside of turing right?... hence your either lying or... your just not thinking hard enough Confused
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Enough with the words just give me a goddamned example code.
we64

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
use the equation of the circle x^2+y^2=r^2

that is not really the pythagorean formula, it is also the equation of the circle. Remember what you did in class? it is actually quite useful, for example, if you know the coordinate of x and it gives you y.

let's say you radius is 5, so when (x = 5, y=0), (x=4 , y=3), (x=3, y=4), (x=2, y = sqrt (21)), (x=1, y= sqrt (24)), (x=0, y=5) it would be the same for the negative x and everything here is plus or minus.

In this case, you want to check for every point of the circle, I don't think that is possible, because whatdotcolour (x,y) must be an integer. It would not be accurate.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 49 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: