Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Source] My manga reader
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:50 am   Post subject: [Source] My manga reader

A short time ago when I started reading downloaded manga, I found a program called "Manga Reader" or something that was supposed to be good for reading manga on your pc. But it sucked. So I started reading it using the windows picture and fax viewer program which was alright, but I didn't like having to zoom in all the time, and I didn't like having the window take up the whole screen.
So I made my own. This program is just a small window (you can set the size yourself in the first two lines), that loads in a list of JPG images in the same directory as the turing file. You can hold down the right mouse button and drag it away from the center of the window to scroll to that part of the picture, and hold down the left mouse button and drag either left or right to go to the previous or next page respectively. You can press 'q' to quit, and 'w' to type in a number for which page you want to skip to.

I keep thinking I'm forgetting something but I don't know what. If you have one chapter of a manga to read, this probably won't be terribly useful, but if you have a good ~33 volumes to read through (yay!) I think this program will come in handy. So try it out if you want and let me know what you think!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

looks really good, but when I tried it with mine, it went like:
illegal picID number '0' on
code:

if Pic.Width (picId) < winWidth then

I know it works cause when I opened it while it was in temp, it opened the pictures. Its just now I don't know why, I also set the width and height of the window to max.
Also, many of my manga chapters include .png files, will it read those?
+10 bits cause I'd like to see this develope further.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
looks really good, but when I tried it with mine, it went like:
code:

I know it works cause when I opened it while it was in temp, it opened the pictures.

That's odd, I've never had that happen. Is the picture in the same directory as the turing file?

Paul Bian wrote:
Its just now I don't know why, I also set the width and height of the window to max.

Are you saying you didn't have the problem until you set the width and height to max?

Paul Bian wrote:

Also, many of my manga chapters include .png files, will it read those?
+10 bits cause I'd like to see this develope further.

I'm afraid not. Currently turing can only load bitmaps and jpg images (and I haven't seen any manga in bitmap format...). But if you have yours in .PNG you can use IrfanView to convert (batch convert) the images to jpg. That's what I have to do because turing won't load certain jpg files for some reason, so I just batch convert an entire volume from jpg to jpg and it works.
Yeah, I'd like to see it developed further too! I like making useful programs. Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no I set the screen size to max to see if it works, yea I saved it in the same directory. it should work cause it worked in the temp folder Sad
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can't see what's causing the problem. If you're running the program in the same folder as the pics, this shouldn't happen. Try changing the Dir.Current to the full path to the picture files (put the path in quotes).
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope still doesn't work, gj anyway though.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Anybody else try it out?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YAY!!! another irfanview fan... converts anything..... batch convert and rename is WICKED!>>>.... this seems like a very nice and handy app... but what is manga or w/e????
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a waffle....
no.. its japanese graphic novels...
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh.... i see i see...
NOTE: It did work.... Good job... (i downloaded to temp and their was a couple pics in there)
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice job. I love manga. And yes, manga is japanese anime comics basically (manga means picture story i believe)
Raugrist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just a little update, I added some scrollbar-ish things to the sides of the window that show up when the current page is larger than the window (this happens sometimes, and there are occassions when you wouldn't realize it until you actually scroll over). The bars aren't used for scrolling, they're just there so you know where you are on the page, you still scroll by dragging the mouse around in relation to the middle of the window.
I also added a line from the middle of the screen to the mouse when you're right-clicking, it's kind of like the popup radial menu from NWN now (minus the menu).

Now all there is to do, I think, is write up a small folder browser to let you pick the folder where the manga is located and then I'll compile and distribute...

Anyways...
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tat's awesome! i dunno wat da hell manga is but good job anyways!
oh n paul...
[quote]looks really good, but when I tried it with mine, it went like:
Code:

I know it works cause when I opened it while it was in temp, it opened the pictures. Its just now I don't know why, I also set the width and height of the window to max.
[/quote]

ur da only one who got tat
white_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i found out wat manga is. wierd anime stuff
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope, it only worked for me in the temp folder. And didn't work for my real manga.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: