Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3D Objects, Krab Style
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Krabjuice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:37 am   Post subject: 3D Objects, Krab Style

Edit*

I can proudly say that within an hour, I have been able to introduce myself to turing's "2D, yet still looks sorta 3D" community. Come, lets celebrate *dispenses b00ze*

See attached

3d.zip
 Description:
Dear lord.. its got.. A THIRD DIMENSHION!

Download
 Filename:  3d.zip
 Filesize:  271.4 KB
 Downloaded:  323 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:57 am   Post subject: Re: 3D Objects, Krab Style

Krabjuice wrote:
I can proudly say that within an hour, I have been able to introduce myself to turing's "3D" community.

Have you? I don't wanna be rude, but it looks to me like it's just some 2D points placed to look like a cube. I think I saw a link somewhere that shows how to "fake" 3D using 2D graphics. With perspective sutff. Oh, how do you make it so you can tell which point you clicked on?
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i believe he used mousewhere and he may have also used whatdotcolour with that but using whatdotcolour with mousewhere would have been pointless
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, the 'cube' doesn't seem to have the 3d dimention Confused Just few points connected by lines. You'd have to be able to rotate, or shade the surfaces to show 3D
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
i believe he used mousewhere and he may have also used whatdotcolour with that but using whatdotcolour with mousewhere would have been pointless

Why would you say that? Use mousewhere to get the mouse coords, then use whatdotcolour to check if you clicked on a vertex. Makes sense, actually, though it could cause problems if two vertices are very close (or even overlapping).
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all the vertexes are the same colour, so the prog wouldn't know which vertex you are clicking on, unless you also you mousewhere
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you looking at the same program? Each vertex is a different colour. Looks to me like 41 to 48.
EDIT: except when you move some and then stop the program Confused
You should make it so that you can just click on a vertex once to select it and then it follows the mouse so you don't have to drag it (Because of whatdotcolour and a small delay, the mouse could have moved away from the vertex by the time it gets to the mousewhere part and you lose control of it).
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oops they are different, must have stopped it or something, i thought they were all red. he must be using both whatdotcolour and mousewhere, but there is a problem with the whatdotcolour and moving too fast with the mouse
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not too bad... for an hour... not realy 3d... as it is JUST lines... .but lookz good.... also..clicking on the drag point then being able to let the mouse go mite be better as i had to move it REALY slow....

overall... not bad..
valor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

woah...funky all i can say funky
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: