Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Windows Media Problems
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:15 pm   Post subject: Windows Media Problems

It pains me to post outside of spam and raise my legit post count, but here goes.

I'm sitting here trying to watch Hellsing (my first anime, thank god) and I can't... There is some weird cyan coloured bands across the picture, and there is only small diagonal, parallel bands of movie. Now when I switch to the WMP window from a window that was in front of it, it shows the movie for a brief second.

Any ideas? I think it might hafta do with DivX, cuz when I tried to watch RvB using the DivX it didn't work, and produced the same effect, minus the cyan (it was just banded).

Specs (the movie):
640x480
23.976 fps
24 bit
DivX codec

I need a solution!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
naoki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well Dauntless, I suggest you ask Shane whether that episode was messed up anyways. It could've been that bad before.

I don't think WMP ever has image problems that bad, since it's usually "I'll play it perfectly" or "No image for you sucker!".

Of course, it could be that you don't have the necessary codecs for decoding the file. Download some codec packs (impossible for where you're watching it) and try again
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you dope, I'm watching at home. Besides, these .avi's are all good, for sure. Cuz like I said, when I move it from behind a window or de-minimize it, it shows perfect for a few secs.

P.S. I downloaded the Version 9 codec pack and it didnt help.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, that same thing happened to me, I viewed the help file and followed the link to divx, and I installed that, and after that all anime worked for me...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: