Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GMail
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:12 am   Post subject: GMail

http://www.gmail.com

free, 1 gig of storage, woo
public in 3 months
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

looks cool, looks like ill be switching from hotmail. im glad microsoft decided to make a good emal for once!!! (im joking im joking i know what im talking about now)
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya i hured about this. i can't bevlie that it is 1gb. they most have some crazy servers there. This is going to be free right? how can they efored to have 1gb per person? i know if i had an acount there i whould use it to the max...
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Raugrist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
i know if i had an acount there i whould use it to the max...

Wha? How can you fill up a gigabyte of space with email? Or do you plan on emailing yourself games and applications? Razz

Though it is pretty weird. I can't understand how google plans on allowing people to have a full gigabyte of space for free. There has to be a catch. Maybe the first few people will get the gig and then anybody who gets close to using up that much space will get their accounts deleted "accidently." Then again, that doesn't seem like a very Google.com thing to do.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

apprently the space will only cost them 2$ a gig so they can easily make it up with ads
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can't wait...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Raugrist wrote:

Wha? How can you fill up a gigabyte of space with email?

A gig of free online space would be awesome 8) Text emails will take up a tiny fraction of the space, but you could keep your larger files there such as images and even backups of your files Laughing

Would be soo much easier to just email myself my harddrive and format Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You must have one helluva small harddrive!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
apprently the space will only cost them 2$ a gig so they can easily make it up with ads

I don't understand this though, is that like similar to HD space? cause I'd buy some gigs for $2 per gig lol...
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just think this is april fools ;D
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
You must have one helluva small harddrive!

I do Confused Besides - vast majoring of space is taken up by apps and games installed...

Amailer - you suck Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
naoki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If Google does this as an April Fool's prank, then they're going to lose a lot of surfers. And losing surfers means the companies who pay to advertise on Google are going to stop. Which means Google makes no money and dies
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... soo funnyy... i think it was a joke... could be wrong tho...... this one news channel i was watching shows that they was a new bylaw for timmins ontario that if u mentioned Shania twain u would be fined 5$.... and there was even testimonials and interviews saing... yea... ppl overuse her name... and all this and that...

at the end:" this bylaw was passed today... April 1st" april fools day.... i though it was real at first... funny stuff...
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

2$ a gig is expensive

i bought a 120 GIG HDD for 79.99 at future shop , now thats retail price ( so im paying more) and that equals out to be 66cents a GIG , but then again this is just a 7200 spin drive , but 2$ a gig sounds expensive
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i doubt its gonna happen.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: