Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Google looks different.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What search engine do you use most?
(No ending time set)
Google!
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Yahoo
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
MSN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Altavista
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ask.com
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
AllTheWeb
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:01 am   Post subject: Google looks different.

Google looks different. As usual, your marketing mod is keeping everyone on top of current cyberspace news.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, it changed today at 12:45AM or so Very Happy
have to say, the ruined the look :S
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow it looks shitty, they are probably just trying to decrease load times. they are the plainest search engine i know ofl.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

they don't need a fancy looking page... they're google ffs lol
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
the plainest search engine i know ofl.

that's one of the things that makes google soo good - the fact that they don't have a page full of crap with a few search results (usually taken from google anyways..) hidden in it
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wasn't trying to say it was bad because of that, the only thing i notice different is the banner is smaller and there are no coloured tables. it has always been plane, and that is why i have always used it over yahoo and the other ones.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:12 pm   Post subject: !!

i used to use MSN (for first like half a year of having the net) but... after taht iswitched to google..... google has the most sites that i know of.... it allows me to add my webpage so i get more hits... and... most of all... its FAST! the load times are the smallest.. that is why they keep it plane...... i cant say i like the improivement... the bigger the thingy to click on...(for pictures) the better... but... its faster.... so im neither for nor against..
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go google Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like yahoo, i have allways used yahoo. and now adays it seems to be giving better reslotes and google in my opttion.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

...Dan is the outcast on his own site hah Laughing
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea we know wehre that one vote came from......DAN!.... yahoo... in my opinion... kinda sucks... but then again i havn't used it much... ive only used MSN /google the most....

although i have used yahoo a couple times... and
http://www.engine54.com <<kinda sucks... but i was an UBER noob at time and it looked cool... EDIT:... it comes up with 10 results for starcraft..... <<sh!ty search engine....... no good for games etc... but it did ok for some school crap....

anyways........................................<<<DAN!!!>> Laughing but its ok.... hes in a democratic society with freedom of speech and choice... u can use yahooo alll u want... while the rest of us use GOOGLE! and laugh Wink jk
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok then lets do a test:

recatly i was looking for some help with 3dmax so lets sreach for that

yahoo - "3dmax help"

top 2 are sites all about 3dmax and are directly linked to there main page and the rest are links to posts on fourms and othere pages on sites that are not 100% 3dmax.

google - "3dmax help"

none of the top 3 listed sites are direlty linked to there main page and the top3 hits are posts on fourms.

i dont know about u, but i like seeing sites that are more realted to the keywords 1st. Also i am not a big fan of thes screch engiongs linking to indvadeal posts on sites.

i think both need to do some work on how they pick throw what is a good link and what is grabe but from most of the sreachs i try yahoo shows less crap.

like on google one of the sites found was "Обьекты из 3Dmax непереносятся,Help!!!" witch yahoo did not show. (note this is 1st on 2nd page of sites on google)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should probably set google to only show English results. I used to like yahoo, not as a search engine (because it wasn't), but as an internet directory. That's actually how it started. A couple of college students were on a break from school and spent their time surfing the net and came up with a shitload of favourites.

Anyways... doesn't yahoo use the google engine for net searches?
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive seen "powered by google" images on yahoo a couple times, but i haven't visited it lately.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know it was at one time but have not seen thous imgs lattely. also i dont whont to have to set up stuff every time i do a sreach. (cokies dont work for me, i kill them to much Razz )
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: