Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Carl Sagan
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: Carl Sagan

I liked this story:
Quote:

Sagan was known to have a bit of an ego. In 1994, Apple Computer began developing the Power Macintosh 7100. They chose the internal code name "Sagan", in honor of the astronomer. Though the project name was strictly internal and never used in public marketing, when Sagan learned of this internal usage, he sued Apple Computer to use a different project name. Though Sagan lost the suit, Apple engineers complied with his demands anyway, renaming the project "Butthead Astronomer". Sagan sued Apple for libel over the new name, claiming that it subjected him to contempt and ridicule. Sagan lost this lawsuit as well.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

showed how smart those people are that we send into space Razz . kind of idiotic...
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Jonos, I love how you try to comment on current events and stuff like this, for example.

Catalyst said that Sagan was an astronomer, not an astronaut; he wasn't sent into space.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah thanks, now we have all concluded that im an idiot and that i don't have a firm grasp on what i read, thankyou
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now we can all look back (2 posts back) and laugh.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i can always change it if the heat gets bad, go rap something, bitch. bring it, ill kick your ass any day. bring it bring it, rap that biatch. uh uh uhuh.

spam spam spam spam..... masturbate spam spam spam dog sex spam spam spam evil ninja donkey humpers spam spam spam. i just defaced your thread catalyst.

PS: i like little boys. i relly hope they arrest micheal jackson cuz right now he's my biggest competition. Razz
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well Laughing
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

catalyst's topic has now been Shoting dead

anyways, i think it would've been cool to have a development project named after me, especially if i was some two-bit astronomer who probably couldn't get famous any other way. besides, the apple people must've appreciated his work to honor him like that.

sagan = Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

obviously it's not sure... if it was... they would have easily have gotten sued.. :S
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sagan was already a famous astronomer
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: